Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cannot figure out how the backlight of the main center display is supposed to work. Sometimes it seems like it's sensitive to ambient light, other times it seems like it's tied to the status of the headlights, and sometimes it clearly is not doing anything to adjust its brightness.

The main symptom I see is that sometimes, when staring the car at night (so that the headlights are on and the instrument panel is at low illumination), the center display backlight is clearly operating at "daytime" brightness - it's painfully, distractingly bright. If I pop out the little adjustment knob for the interior illumination adjustment and turn it (either way) the center display backlight will then immediately dim to a more appropriate nighttime level, then I can adjust both it and the instrument cluster using the knob and they are in sync.

Other times, usually when driving around sunrise on my way to work, it appears like the center display is indecisive about how bright it wants to be and brightens and dims repeatedly.

Thankfully I do not have either issue with the instrument panel backlights. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I have an unrelated service appointment on Monday and I'm wondering if it's worth mentioning or if it's considered normal.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've noticed the same thing. Upper touchscreen seems "stuck" on bright until I adjust the screen brightness knob. Then the touchscreen brightness will self-adjust. I've set the programmable button on the steering wheel to turn off the touchscreens with a long press.

·
Registered
980 Posts
It is a bug in the brightness settings, if you bring it up and “reselect” a brightness it dims to appropriate level. But doesn’t happen always

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there an official way to report issues like this to JLR? I hesitate to mention it to the service tech since they more than likely will not be able to fix it and I don't want them to hold on to my car wasting time trying to track it down.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yep, I have the same problem. It drives me crazy.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have not noticed this, but will need to maybe pay better attention. I also have everything in dark mode, so not sure if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but is there an official way to report issues like this to JLR? I hesitate to mention it to the service tech since they more than likely will not be able to fix it and I don't want them to hold on to my car wasting time trying to track it down.
Option 1 is through local dealer service advisor.
Option2: Contact Jaguar

1 - 8 of 8 Posts