Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a 3 year hiatus I have found my way back to an EV. Previously I was in a BMW i3, followed by a Mercedes B250, and then/now a Maserati Granturismo Sport. Kids grow taller, we rescue 2 dogs, get chickens, build a chicken coop, wife won’t let any of those into her RR SVR. While searching for her SUV, I remember my mentor praising his iPace. The kind folks at Land Rover Main Line provide a vehicle for an extended test drive and I am hooked. 3 months go by, everyday I think about the iPace, and then this afternoon went ahead.
While it is not the exact specifications (want the sport racing seats) it is an exceptional price and my sons love the color combination. I pick up the vehicle on Monday as their tech must review the vehicle before sending it out. We have named our iPace “Bagheera” given the instant power as well as poise!
I have spent the better part of my evening reading the various posts on the forum especially about about the tech. While I may have nostalgia for the NA V8 howl, I am no longer excited by ICE. I was fortunate enough to drive the car I drooled over for years and share the experience with my family. Nevertheless, I can comfortably say I am at a new part in my life and look forward to sharing this journey with everyone here!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
Doc your calipers came out great!
Thanks! I think it was mid 90's when I painted them and the caliper paint was drying about as fast as I was painting! (Should've waited for a cooler day.) But so far they do really give her an extra pop!

Welcome! Nothing but great things to say about the I-Pace, quirks and all. For me, the quirks make it even more interesting!

By the way, you have one sweet looking driveway!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
I was just reading your post and realized our specs! Don’t wrap your car! You are right the Firenze is spicy!
I did do the XPEL film and ceramic coating. Firenze Red may pop even a little more now! (y)

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Woohoo, another convert! Welcome to the club ... Love the name!
Thank you! My sons deserve the naming glory. We were originally driving a Santorini black with the sport racing buckets when they mentioned the name, but since all big cats are Genus Panthera, this Jaguar is a panther!

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Side note: I see you are from PA as well! Wish that NJ EV sales tax break would come across the Delaware river (and climb up to $100,000 msrp). Thanks for the tip about XPEL and ceramic coating, maybe I can work it into the terms on Monday! JLR financial emailed the dealer at 8pm tonight on my approval! Big shout out to the team at Main Line Jaguar LR (Jenna, Alex, Tak) team JAT (not to be confused with my other JAT team - joint arthroplasty team)!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
Thanks for the tip about XPEL and ceramic coating, maybe I can work it into the terms on Monday!
I assume you are local to Main Line Jaguar. I used these guys in the Main Line (Malvern) area for my XPEL work. Did a fantastic job!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome to our Forum (BEST people here). I too had an i3, and then switched to the I-Pace. I do not think I could ever go back to an ICE (although I loved our V12 engines :) You will LOVE the I-Pace!!

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
521 Posts
After a 3 year hiatus I have found my way back to an EV. Previously I was in a BMW i3, followed by a Mercedes B250, and then/now a Maserati Granturismo Sport. Kids grow taller, we rescue 2 dogs, get chickens, build a chicken coop, wife won’t let any of those into her RR SVR. While searching for her SUV, I remember my mentor praising his iPace. The kind folks at Land Rover Main Line provide a vehicle for an extended test drive and I am hooked. 3 months go by, everyday I think about the iPace, and then this afternoon went ahead. View attachment 4486 View attachment 4487 While it is not the exact specifications (want the sport racing seats) it is an exceptional price and my sons love the color combination. I pick up the vehicle on Monday as their tech must review the vehicle before sending it out. We have named our iPace “Bagheera” given the instant power as well as poise!
I have spent the better part of my evening reading the various posts on the forum especially about about the tech. While I may have nostalgia for the NA V8 howl, I am no longer excited by ICE. I was fortunate enough to drive the car I drooled over for years and share the experience with my family. Nevertheless, I can comfortably say I am at a new part in my life and look forward to sharing this journey with everyone here!
Welcome. Another I-Pace on the PA roads. 🙂
Maybe I'll actually see one in the wild soon. I was told the Allentown dealer had only sold 3 others by last Fall - and they were not necessarily local buyers.

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Congratulations. Welcome to our Forum (BEST people here). I too had an i3, and then switched to the I-Pace. I do not think I could ever go back to an ICE (although I loved our V12 engines :) You will LOVE the I-Pace!!
Thank you for the welcome Deutsch! I missed the serenity behind the wheel, remotely activating the car, and oddly enjoyed trying to find a place to charge! I had a short list of V8s (AMG wagon) and V12s that would address my needs but they are irrational, and the impulsive purchase isn’t thrilling anymore; especially if things break outside of warranty! (Or the warranty costs that of a nice family vacation)

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Welcome. Another I-Pace on the PA roads. 🙂
Maybe I'll actually see one in the wild soon. I was told the Allentown dealer had only sold 3 others by last Fall - and they were not necessarily local buyers.
Thank you Qtown! In the Philadelphia suburbs I know of the following: 1 white, 1 red, 1 black (down the street surprisingly). Willow Grove has been sitting on a 2020 S with extremely aggressive pricing. I would love to see more on the road! Maybe we need to take a trip to Momentum Dynamic in Malvern and offer our iPace’s to Mr. Daga for testing! ;-)

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
521 Posts
Thank you Qtown! In the Philadelphia suburbs I know of the following: 1 white, 1 red, 1 black (down the street surprisingly). Willow Grove has been sitting on a 2020 S with extremely aggressive pricing. I would love to see more on the road! Maybe we need to take a trip to Momentum Dynamic in Malvern and offer our iPace’s to Mr. Daga for testing! ;-)
Two grey sold in Allentown. Dealers in this area were not very aggressive with the color of their inventory. I had not seen the firenze red until I recently saw a Range Rover in that color - looks sharp. I wanted blue, but couldn't find one locally in the trim I wanted. "Settled" for photon red.
Actually quite happy with plugging in occasionally, so I'll pass on a return to Malvern (lived just off Boot Rd for a while last century).

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
521 Posts
I live in Central Bucks and work in Allentown (pending COVID-19). There's a chance we'll see each other! 🤞
Still haven't seen you. I'm in Doylestown a lot and guess you pass my way going up to Allentown (Rt 309 or 313?). In fact I rarely see other Jags on the Bucks county roads - an occasional F-type or XE.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts