Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I just noticed this for the first time today after 7 months of ownership, so I'm not sure if this was always the case or if it's something new. When starting the car a certain way, this message flashes for a brief second, then disappears. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. I've tested starting the car different ways, and with one particular scenario, this message will flash briefly always. I assume that the AEB feature takes a second to kick in when I start the car a certain way, so maybe the message flashes just before the AEB system turns on. Regardless, if no one else is seeing this, then maybe I should bring it up to the dealer to look into. Below are the steps to duplicate this message at start-up:

1. With the ignition on and in park, press the Start/Stop button turning the car off.
2. Turn on the ignition right after by pressing the brakes and pressing the Start/Stop button.
3. The info panel will populate with the last setting (maps for me) but this message "OK to drive with caution. Autonomous Emergency Braking not available" will flash with a yellow "I" icon for a split second and goes away.

This message does not flash if the car is started any other way.

• From sleep - turning on the car with or without pressing the brakes
  • Turning on the car right after turning off but pressing Start/Stop without pressing the brakes. Then, press the brakes and pushing Start/Stop to start the ignition.
I've gotten other warning messages in the past, but they stay on for a few seconds or I have to manually clear, so the fact that this message only blinks at start-up makes me believe that it's normal and probably a delay in the AEB kicking on with one specific turn on sequence. Attached is a pic of the message. I tried to attach a video, but the file was too large. Is anyone else seeing this?

Attachments

·
Registered
91 Posts
There may be a simple a simple fix for this warning message.

When the car is started many systems are self tested. One of these systems is the front radar unit hidden behind the "Growler" badge on the grille.

This vehicle & pedestrian detection system is very sensitive to road debris and splattered insects on the surface of the badge. It needs to be kept spotless for optimum safety system functioning. This is mentioned somewhere in the online manual.

I always give mine a wipe down to remove splattered bugs before they dry after a fast drive.

I hope this works for you.

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: sciencegeek

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just noticed this for the first time today after 7 months of ownership, so I'm not sure if this was always the case or if it's something new. When starting the car a certain way, this message flashes for a brief second, then disappears. Not sure if this is happening to anyone else. I've tested starting the car different ways, and with one particular scenario, this message will flash briefly always. I assume that the AEB feature takes a second to kick in when I start the car a certain way, so maybe the message flashes just before the AEB system turns on. Regardless, if no one else is seeing this, then maybe I should bring it up to the dealer to look into. Below are the steps to duplicate this message at start-up:

1. With the ignition on and in park, press the Start/Stop button turning the car off.
2. Turn on the ignition right after by pressing the brakes and pressing the Start/Stop button.
3. The info panel will populate with the last setting (maps for me) but this message "OK to drive with caution. Autonomous Emergency Braking not available" will flash with a yellow "I" icon for a split second and goes away.

• Turning on the car right after turning off but pressing Start/Stop without pressing the brakes. Then, press the brakes and pushing Start/Stop to start the ignition.
I've gotten other warning messages in the past, but they stay on for a few seconds or I have to manually clear, so the fact that this message only blinks at start-up makes me believe that it's normal and probably a delay in the AEB kicking on with one specific turn on sequence. Attached is a pic of the message. I tried to attach a video, but the file was too large. Is anyone else seeing this?
It has happened with me with 2017 Fpace few times. AEB plus Auto high Beam not available early in the morning. Every time dealer diagnosis is their nothing wrong with car. If car is not garaged and park outside, with condensation on front radar sensor can cause this fault and alarm.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I had the same issue here, a couple of months ago. The dealer told me to clean the frontwindow, specifically the part where the camera's are. There was no dirt blocking the cam position, so they replaced my camera, which solved the issue.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There may be a simple a simple fix for this warning message.

When the car is started many systems are self tested. One of these systems is the front radar unit hidden behind the "Growler" badge on the grille.

This vehicle & pedestrian detection system is very sensitive to road debris and splattered insects on the surface of the badge. It needs to be kept spotless for optimum safety system functioning. This is mentioned somewhere in the online manual.

I always give mine a wipe down to remove splattered bugs before they dry after a fast drive.

I hope this works for you.

Cheers, Steve
Steve, thanks for the suggestion. I did check the badge, and it's pretty clean. I don't believe the AEB is malfunctioning, as the message only flashes for a split second during the specific start-up sequence I listed in the original post. If you blink, you'll miss it. I got the screenshot from a video that I took. I believe it's a timing issue of the AEB system kicking on during this specific start-up sequence. As I mentioned, there is no message when I just start the car normally from sleep or turn the car on first prior to turning on the ignition.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has happened with me with 2017 Fpace few times. AEB plus Auto high Beam not available early in the morning. Every time dealer diagnosis is their nothing wrong with car. If car is not garaged and park outside, with condensation on front radar sensor can cause this fault and alarm.
Thanks for the reply. I don't believe the AEB is malfunctioning, as the message only flashes for a split second during the specific start-up sequence I listed in the original post. If you blink, you'll miss it. I got the screenshot from a video that I took. I believe it's a timing issue of the AEB system kicking on during this specific start-up sequence. As I mentioned, there is no message when I just start the car normally from sleep or turn the car on first prior to turning on the ignition.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same issue here, a couple of months ago. The dealer told me to clean the frontwindow, specifically the part where the camera's are. There was no dirt blocking the cam position, so they replaced my camera, which solved the issue.
Thanks for the reply. I checked the windshield and it's all clean with no blockage. I don't believe the AEB is malfunctioning, as the message only flashes for a split second during the specific start-up sequence I listed in the original post. If you blink, you'll miss it. I got the screenshot from a video that I took. I believe it's a timing issue of the AEB system kicking on during this specific start-up sequence. As I mentioned, there is no message when I just start the car normally from sleep or turn the car on first prior to turning on the ignition.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not sure why you would turn the car off then right back on. What is the reason for this? It is likely that some of the systems didn't finish shutting down from your turn off command before your turn on command. Then when they catch up the warning goes off. Try waiting until the car finishes shutting down before you restart it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts