Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
It will be interesting. If I interpreted it correctly, the $140k 600HP 2-sp Porsche prototype was the model tested. The 400HP base model probably will not be much quicker than the Jaguar, especially if it only gets a single speed gearbox.

It implies the Audi eTron is getting All Wheel Steering? Really? I can believe it in the Porsche due to the price, but ...

Are there two versions? The USA site should mention AWS if it's a feature, because that's not a cheap feature.

But read this website: https://www.audicrevecoeur.com/2019-audi-e-tron-quattro.htm

370kW power, 0-60 in 4.6s, and all-wheel-steering for the Audi?

Guess we will see what they deliver.

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Currently I don't think US bound e-tron quattro have all wheel steering. It's not in the specs. I know that the Q8 has 4-wheel steering as a package option.

The specs in the Audi St. Louis Missouri website are wrong. 0 to 60 of 4.6 seconds? It's 5.5 seconds. Range of 300 miles? Try 204 miles. Driving up to a charging power plate? LOL!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Currently I don't think US bound e-tron quattro have all wheel steering. It's not in the specs. I know that the Q8 has 4-wheel steering as a package option.

Our 2019 Q7 (with optional air suspension) has 4-wheel steering. Rear wheels turn opposite from fronts at low speed, noticeably reducing turn radius. Impressive feature.

Spyder

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got this off the web:

"The dynamic all-wheel steering combines a dynamic steering system on the front axle with a steering system for the rear wheels. Depending on speed and the driving situation, they steer either in the opposite or same direction as the front wheels. The Audi e-tron quattro thus reacts even more stably and is more maneuverable at low speeds"

FWIW, we had our E-tron deposit refunded after taking an i-pace test drive last Fall. Wifey--the EV will be her DD--didn't like the size of the e-tron, and I thought that it would be compromised by not being a ground-up EV design. Turns out that it's significantly slower, with less range, than the i-pace. Having said that, we love the 2019 Q7 for it's cargo space and superior long-haul luxury and comfort. Two very different SUVs, obviously.

Spyder

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
233 Posts
I believe that was a feature that didn't make the cut for the release version of the e-Tron. My guess is it is planned for the 3 motor S-variant for 2020 (which would make it closer in spec to the concept from a few years ago).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts