Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

I have a 2020 HSE and I leave the wiper control in the automatic position.

A few times recently, the wipers would sweep intermittently, without a drop of water on the windshield or any rain in sight. In fact, the wipers sometimes sweep constantly without water.

I can usually fix it by returning the wiper stalk to it's neutral position and then switching it back to auto but, just lately, that didn't seem to stop them, either.

It even does this when in my garage where, obviously, there is no rain or moisture of any kind.

Again, it doesn't happen all the time but more than enough to bother me and, as we know, having the wipers activated on a dry windshield can scratch the windshield, should there be sand or grit on it.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

Roger

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
710 Posts
I took my wipers off Auto. Not only can they do what you describe, but they are the worst "Auto" wipers I have had in any car in almost 20 years. The very few times I have had to use the wipers, I just put them on manual low, high or do a manual quick flick of the stalk. Honestly, hate the Auto wipers on the iPace...and keeping it real, the wipers themselves are pretty crappy and loud!! BMW and MBZ wipers are much quieter (for the most part)

·
Registered
556 Posts
I noticed this the other day: while stopped at a red light in the rain, there was NOTHING I could do to make them sweep the windshield clear! I had to MOVE FORWARD before they would engage at all... happened consistenly several times on a local drive in town. Has anyone else experienced this? Not sure if this is always the case or just happened this one day. Odd, since I'm coming up on 2 years and 27,000 miles behind the wheel of an I-Pace but only noticed this issue last weekend (and we get plenty of rain in Florida).

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sometimes this happens when you are passing an IR/heat sensor like those express lane toll cameras. It happens to me all the time.

·
Registered
253 Posts
You can do some test in the comfort of your driveway: put some water on the windshield to avoid scratches, and then hide the sensor with your hand, pour some water on the sensor, gently spray some water on the sensor, etc....

·
Registered
89 Posts
I disabled mine as well. I was one of the folks whose wipers would come on at the appropriate time but would never slow down once up to speed even when the rain had completely stopped.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
2019 I-Pace FE Photon Red
56 Posts
The Auto setting on my I-Pace is also unpredictable.
I'm due for my 2 year service next month. I plan to mention this to the service advisor.
Hopefully if enough people do this then perhaps JLR will issue a TSB.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys:

A few times recently, the wipers would sweep intermittently, without a drop of water on the windshield or any rain in sight. In fact, the wipers sometimes sweep constantly without water.

I can usually fix it by returning the wiper stalk to it's neutral position and then switching it back to auto but, just lately, that didn't seem to stop them, either.

It even does this when in my garage where, obviously, there is no rain or moisture of any kind.

Again, it doesn't happen all the time but more than enough to bother me and, as we know, having the wipers activated on a dry windshield can scratch the windshield, should there be sand or grit on it.

Thanks.

Roger
I have a First Edition and I have had the same problem.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Guys:

Thanks.

Roger
The rain sensor picked up something. My 2019 did this few times in past two years it’s just a few swipes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Guys:

Thanks.

Roger
Hi roger,

I live in Australia and have noticed this when I come out of a car park into bright sunlight. The wipers go when I am approaching the exit (so the sunlight is ahead but I am still in shade. I reckon it's something to do with the way the sensor works.

It's annoying but not debilitatingly so!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Firstly, thanks to all who responded to my question.

I picked the car up from the dealer today after they repaired the windshield wiper issue. They said the light/rain sensor was faulty and they replaced it.

While driving this evening, with the wiper stalk in the 'auto' position, the wipers did a single wipe when there was absolutely no rain in sight. Hopefully, not a sign of things to come!

I can live with the occasional single wipe but, if it increases to continuous wiping with no rain, as before, back to the dealer it will go and I will post here.

I have to say, despite this and other issues, I love this car! I have owned/leased a lot of high end cars over the years but nothing even comes remotely close to my I-Pace.

Regards,

Roger

1 - 16 of 16 Posts