Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Confirming what I believe is the consensus: I use one press locking and the charging port door is locked when the car is locked. Unlock all doors with a touch of the door handle and the port door unlocks as well. Lock the car and port locks as well.
It depends on if the car is set to single stage or dual stage unlocking. Others have reported that in single stage unlocking the charge port door does not lock when using the fob to lock the car. If I read your post correctly, when you press the button on the door handle (I'm assuming you mean the driver's door) and all doors unlock this means your car is set to single stage unlocking.

I'm set to dual stage and if I press the button on the driver's door only that door unlocks.

You may want to test that the charge port door locks when you lock the car from either the fob or driver's door button.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Some of us live in a place where the car gets covered in road salt daily and don't have the time to go to a hand wash every week. This is still better than nothing. Pressure washes don't do a good enough job.

I've had a different issue in the auto car wash. Twice, the car seemed to fight the conveyor system. In many car washes, a little wheel pops out of the ground and pushes your car through. At the strait, you swipe the card (or scan the wash receipt), then put the car in neutral and away you go. On a couple of occasions, the car seems to brake and fight the belt. Once, I had to pop it into gear and drive through as it got completely stuck and the machine stopped. The second time, I quickly popped it into gear, drove a foot and while coasting, went back in to neutral. I assume the brake engaged because it somehow thought i was slipping backward?
Yea, living in Georgia has its privileges. I grew up in Detroit, but forgot all about that issue

·
Registered
837 Posts
What test do we need to run for the survey?
Easy one, hopefully. Just tell us if your car is single or dual stage unlock and if one lock press on the fob locks the charge port door. Then if one unlock button press unlocks the charge port door.

Perhaps someone knows how to set up a multiple choice questionnaire... Looking at you, Sciencegeek...:p

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
1,037 Posts
.......I'm set to dual stage and if I press the button on the driver's door only that door unlocks.

You may want to test that the charge port door locks when you lock the car from either the fob or driver's door button.
Just checked. Car set to single stage unlocking. Both fob and buttons on door handles unlock all doors and charging port door with one touch. And relocks.
Also, not sure if this is apparent to everyone, but single stage unlocking can be performed using ANY door handle.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Easy one, hopefully. Just tell us if your car is single or dual stage unlock and if one lock press on the fob locks the charge port door. Then if one unlock button press unlocks the charge port door.

Perhaps someone knows how to set up a multiple choice questionnaire... Looking at you, Sciencegeek...:p
Dual stage unlock
One lock button press on the fob locked the charge port door
One unlock button press on the fob unlocked the charge port door

·
Registered
837 Posts
Just checked. Car set to single stage unlocking. Both fob and buttons on door handles unlock all doors and charging port door with one touch. And relocks.
Also, not sure if this is apparent to everyone, but single stage unlocking can be performed using ANY door handle.
Some have reported that their charge port door does not lock in single stage unlocking. Now we're seeing a mixed result. Crazy software.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Can you check again that your charge door is never locked?
I have been using two-stage locking. I selected single stage and repeated lock / unlock multiple times, charge door always opens.

I reset back to two-stage, repeated lock / unlock multiple times, charge door always opens.

The door always opens with / without the White LED lit.

I did not wait for the car to enter sleep mode between setting changes.

For me not locking is OK. Maybe there is a regional setting or dealer change via Pathfinder?

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: CurtSprings2

·
Registered
20 Posts
Back to the car wash question - yes, I'd taken my car thru the same car wash multiple times when the brushes tore off one of the bumper-level black front "air dams". Had the dealer order a replacement and he secured it for me. My recollection is that I was charged about 150 bucks for a piece of plastic plus 15 minutes of labor. Same thing happened again so I learned by lesson and will now only go to a brushless car wash a few minutes away. Lessons learned...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know the manual doesn’t recommend automatic car washes. However has anyone found a fix for when the car wash brushes pop open the charging door? Worried one of these times the door will get bent back while in the wash.
Now I am getting paranoid as took mine into a car wash where you stay out of the car. It came out OK with no issues. Now I will have to find out what the staff do to ensure doors don't open or the charge flap opening and being bent out of shape.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts