Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the manual doesn’t recommend automatic car washes. However has anyone found a fix for when the car wash brushes pop open the charging door? Worried one of these times the door will get bent back while in the wash.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Eek! The thought of running my car through a brushed car wash is horrifying!

The charge port door should not open when the car is locked. Does yours? Was your car locked (door handles retracted)?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't run any car over 50K through an automated wash... Best answer

·
Registered
692 Posts
It's just too hard to wash the car in winter but I've found a good touchless wash. It doesn't knock off all the grime but it's better than going 4 or 5 months without washing and I haven't had the charge port door open.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Don't run any car over 50K through an automated wash... Best answer
Some of us live in a place where the car gets covered in road salt daily and don't have the time to go to a hand wash every week. This is still better than nothing. Pressure washes don't do a good enough job.

I've had a different issue in the auto car wash. Twice, the car seemed to fight the conveyor system. In many car washes, a little wheel pops out of the ground and pushes your car through. At the strait, you swipe the card (or scan the wash receipt), then put the car in neutral and away you go. On a couple of occasions, the car seems to brake and fight the belt. Once, I had to pop it into gear and drive through as it got completely stuck and the machine stopped. The second time, I quickly popped it into gear, drove a foot and while coasting, went back in to neutral. I assume the brake engaged because it somehow thought i was slipping backward?

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
You can manually release/set the parking brake. Put in N, release brake.

·
Registered
277 Posts
You can manually release/set the parking brake. Put in N, release brake.

I'll look more carefully, but I thought going from D to N should not engage the parking brake? I was careful not to put it in park the second time so I was surprised to hear all the groans of the car being pushed against it's will. Really hates showers I suppose.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The charge port door should not open when the car is locked. Does yours?
My charge port door can be opened at all times, car locked or unlocked.

Is mine broken or somehow menu disabled?

I opened the front charge port door on an unattended Kona on display at a mall a few days ago, it had the same push/push latching as my I-Pace

I would expect EV charge ports to lock, but an EV's electrons are too difficult to be siphoned out while you sleep.:sleep:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Car must be unlocked for the charge port door to open. There's a lot of stuff in the manual that isn't clear and it drove me crazy when I was a new owner.

·
Super Moderator
2,287 Posts
Could it be the difference between single and dual stage unlocking? Mine is set to dual stage.
You nailed it. I just went outside and tested it. The charge door fails to lock with one-stage; but with dual-stage, it locks like the other non-driver doors until you press the unlock button on the fob twice. It's a feature and a bug!

·
Registered
692 Posts
You nailed it. I just went outside and tested it. The charge door fails to lock with one-stage; but with dual-stage, it locks like the other non-driver doors until you press the unlock button on the fob twice. It's a feature and a bug!
I'm a legend in my own mind... ;)
And something else to report to JLR.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
So to add to the information gathering, I am set up up on dual stage locking and when car is locked the charger door is locked. When I push the unlock button on my key fob once the charger door opens. I may have just added to the confusion!

·
Registered
692 Posts
So to add to the information gathering, I am set up up on dual stage locking and when car is locked the charger door is locked. When I push the unlock button on my key fob once the charger door opens. I may have just added to the confusion!
Mine works exactly as yours - one press of unlock on the fob and the charge port door unlocks.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
487 Posts
I'm a legend in my own mind... ;)
And something else to report to JLR.
Confirming what I believe is the consensus: I use one press locking and the charging port door is locked when the car is locked. Unlock all doors with a touch of the door handle and the port door unlocks as well. Lock the car and port locks as well.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts