Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I love driving it in the snow, I have snow and ice tires on mine and it is like driving a tractor. Sometimes have ice issues but it plows through the snow nicely.

Reactions: Groshyubcha

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
585 Posts
I am an experienced winter driver and just wanted to give a shout out to the I-Pace Snow and Ice Mode. In the middle of a SnowPocalypse (5”of Snow In Texas) the Kitty performed like a champ on unplowed roads.
Welcome to the world of snow. BTW Much of the Northeast has had much more than 5" this winter, and yes the kitty loves the white stuff.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
171 Posts
Proper winter tires are the key to success in snowy conditions. The I-Pace offers a low center of gravity and a good AWD system, two things that also add to the experience.

I’ll be outside running my snowblower in my driveway in about 30 minutes!

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Just adding to the chorus, and boy the ADSR mode is something! The car doesn't get off track, it just "slows" down and moves through the mess until the tires loss all traction. Its better than my old gold standard, which was Audi Quattro.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
But what are you going to do when the power stays out for days and days? An unregulated free market for the win! Maybe you should just fly to Cancun with your family?

I have no defense. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: epirali

·
Premium Member
2019 I-Pace HSE - Borasco Grey
230 Posts
I'm also in Austin but have the good fortune to have a 4wd truck with mud and snow tires that I've used on several "rescue" missions to friends and family without water, heat, or running out of food. Who would have thought this was possible!?
Anyway, I've been afraid of taking the I-Pace out since I figure those P-Zeros will turn hard as a rock, plus I've been saving the car for power in case of more outages. I did take the luxury of sitting in the car during our 2-day power outage; short by local standards!. We enjoyed a good dose of seat and air heating while recharging our devices. At least we didn't have to worry about the carbon monoxide issues (so sad to see some not surviving that). The battery life seemed to hold up well doing just heat and working as a power source.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts