Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is an all weather 200 mile round trip a realistic expectation for a Feb 2019 I Pace ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If it has a good battery and you drive conservatively, yes. Best to have a fast charger on the way, just in case.
Thanks . It’s a warm climate ,never freezing but occasionally up to 100f + temps . The car is an HSE on 22’ wheels cruising at 70mph- no charger en route.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi Aussie, welcome to the forum.

I can't tell where you are located, or if you have already purchased the I-Pace.

If you have already completed some shorter highway cruising trips about your local area, you may be able to cautiously extrapolate those range results for your intended trip. Crossing mountain ranges etc will limit your range, also using A/C during heat wave conditions will also cut range.

Preconditioning the car battery and cabin while connected to a 7Kw or greater EVSE prior to departure can save range loss. This is due to using mains power instead of power that would have been taken from your battery to run the vehicle reverse cycle heating system.

There is a website and App that will help you with guesstimating range, ABRP ( A Better Route Planner ) can use terrain data to get better range estimations.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Aussie, welcome to the forum.

I can't tell where you are located, or if you have already purchased the I-Pace.

If you have already completed some shorter highway cruising trips about your local area, you may be able to cautiously extrapolate those range results for your intended trip. Crossing mountain ranges etc will limit your range, also using A/C during heat wave conditions will also cut range.

Preconditioning the car battery and cabin while connected to a 7Kw or greater EVSE prior to departure can save range loss. This is due to using mains power instead of power that would have been taken from your battery to run the vehicle reverse cycle heating system.

There is a website and App that will help you with guesstimating range, ABRP ( A Better Route Planner ) can use terrain data to get better range estimations.

Cheers, Steve
Thanks Steve. I’m about to purchase and knowing I can rely on getting between my place in town and my property in the country is the crucial test- the distance one way is roughly 180 miles primarily flat. I plan to have 7kw chargers at both ends.

·
Super Moderator
2,617 Posts
Get a battery health report before you purchase. A battery with full capacity will be ok, if it's at 90% it'll be iffy.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Aussie, 290Km should be a reasonably attainable distance if driving on flat roads in good weather and cruising sensibly.

The I-Pace should come with access to the ChargeFox charging network, there is an App for that too.

A battery condition report from the dealers service department, with a printout of the 36 x 12 Volt modules should be requested before signing the contract.

Perhaps you could test the sales manager's opinion on suitability for your needs, by requesting an extended test drive to your property as a condition of the sale?

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks Steve. I’m about to purchase and knowing I can rely on getting between my place in town and my property in the country is the crucial test- the distance one way is roughly 180 miles primarily flat. I plan to have 7kw chargers at both ends.
I'm in nearly the same situation as you, but in Illinois. It's 215 miles door-to-door and I have 7kW chargers at both places. If the temps are between, say, 50-80F, I can make it with range to spare if I keep at 70mph or below, and most importantly, there's little wind. A good headwind can destroy your range.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm in nearly the same situation as you, but in Illinois. It's 215 miles door-to-door and I have 7kW chargers at both places. If the temps are between, say, 50-80F, I can make it with range to spare if I keep at 70mph or below, and most importantly, there's little wind. A good headwind can destroy your range.
Thank you all for your invaluable “real world” advice. I‘ m delighted with the car which in my first 300kms has exceeded my expectations - now if only I could find how to adjust the ambient lighting!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts