Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,158 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Audi has a very aggressive EV program that has only started to roll out.
In the not too distant future it should outpace JLR so much that incentives might not matter as much.
I might be wrong but Audi seems to be favored here.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
I hope so but let’s see what they actually roll out. I’m a big Audi fan here but the ETron SUV is a bit of a miss in my opinion.

Now let’s see about the GTR...

·
Registered
559 Posts
In the Audiworld forum, prospective e-tron buyers are weighing the merits of being a first adopter of this battery powered Q8. The range seems to be the biggest issue. A lot of them are debating whether to get the e-tron or the Model X. I chimed in and suggested that there is another choice with the Jaguar I-Pace. Jaguar wasn't in my radar originally when looking for a lease replacement for my A3 e-tron, but that all changed with the I-Pace.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Avengers Endgame spoiler (ok, not really):

Tony Stark motors up to join the others driving an e-Tron. Good product placement for them!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In Avengers they showcase the e-Tron GT, a concept car, not the e-Tron SUV we're comparing to the I-Pace and MX.

·
Super Moderator
1,915 Posts
In the Audiworld forum, prospective e-tron buyers are weighing the merits of being a first adopter of this battery powered Q8. The range seems to be the biggest issue. A lot of them are debating whether to get the e-tron or the Model X. I chimed in and suggested that there is another choice with the Jaguar I-Pace. Jaguar wasn't in my radar originally when looking for a lease replacement for my A3 e-tron, but that all changed with the I-Pace.
Oh man, you're trolling the Audi forums? Gutsy! But you're spreading the good word, so good for you 0:)

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
It is truly bizarre that 'EV Enthusiast Blogs' trash discount financing for EVs.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Oh man, you're trolling the Audi forums? Gutsy! But you're spreading the good word, so good for you 0:)
I am still a member. I owned 3 Audi's prior: 2006 A3 Sportback, 2008 TT and a 2016 A3 e-tron. I was going to get the e-tron quattro but Audi delayed it so much. In hindsight, good for me, since I ended up with the I-Pace. I was wary of the Jaguar brand because we had a 2002 S-Type that completely died on us last year. Hopefully this will be a better ownership experience.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I hate hard they play the marketing angle in movies.
Its gotten to the point I'm a bit turned off at the fact they're using movies to promote products. Its almost too direct and not worked in more to the plot. James Bond movies do it much better.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I hate hard they play the marketing angle in movies.
Its gotten to the point I'm a bit turned off at the fact they're using movies to promote products. Its almost too direct and not worked in more to the plot. James Bond movies do it much better.

I noticed a bunch of Jag sedans in Skyfall, I think it was. It seemed to be the official MI-6 vehicle type, which I had never noticed before.

Product placement is supposed to work subliminally anyway, I think. That one seemed to be overkill, though. Not that I minded it. Great looking cars!

·
Registered
122 Posts
IPace scored higher than eTron with Doug, I think he missed one key point in that the eTron peak HP is only available for a short duration:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts