Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An annoying glitch popped up this morning that appears to be affecting many Jaguars & Land Rovers. The prompt encourages you to add more data since your data limit has been reached. In my case I've barely used any of my 3gig trial limit. The prompt appears even when using Sirius XM. I called AT&T and they acknowledged it's a glitch on their end and they're working with JLR to resolve it.

So if you see this prompt, no need to panic. :)

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thank you for following up with them. I had other things to do today or I might have given them a rant along with a request of who my attorneys should talk to. An unlimited plan that says I hit a limit reaches the limit of my tolerance for glitches. I also didn't plan on going anywhere with the cat today. I merely moved it in the driveway and saw this too.

·
Registered
607 Posts
As of 1:30 MDT it's still not fixed. Annoying because while the error message displays every 30 seconds no other infotainment buttons can be selected.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I was driving around 1pm today, had full 4G and then the (annoying) data limit error popped up and within seconds it killed my 4G. Stupid warning comes up like every few seconds whilst driving. Hope they get this fixed on their end, and it will not require a service appt. to clear or "reset" something!

Attachments

·
Registered
607 Posts
Thanks for the screenshot, Deutsch. I gotta remember that the little thing called a camera in my phone is for more than taking photos of the grandkids. 😉

·
Registered
94 Posts
An annoying glitch popped up this morning that appears to be affecting many Jaguars & Land Rovers. The prompt encourages you to add more data since your data limit has been reached. In my case I've barely used any of my 3gig trial limit. The prompt appears even when using Sirius XM. I called AT&T and they acknowledged it's a glitch on their end and they're working with JLR to resolve it.

So if you see this prompt, no need to panic. :)
I have TMobile with unlimited data as well as wifi at my house but I am getting the same message. I checked the mobile data limit and it was off. I reset the data anyway. Still same pop-up.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar i-Pace HSE
272 Posts
My guess is the server JLR uses to tell AT&T which VINs have “paid” for the telematics services (so all cars in the first X years after sale) is either down or returning incorrect data. And because of how JLR setup InControl, where some services go through the built in SIM, some go through a proxy via the user SIM (specifically traffic data), and the remainder go through the user SIM w/o a proxy, its most likely a problem for the proxied user SIM portion, which would affect people using non-AT&T SIMs as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Is AT&T connected to T-Mobile? I can't keep track of all the changes. But if not, there's a deeper problem.
Hi,
You can use any valid sim card. I decided to use tmobile. I agree with CyberSlug however i think the error is not the internal sim but the server at JLR. My guess would be the server at JLR has reached its internet download limit due to S20 update. I find it hard to believe that all ipace owner in UK and US ( and may be other places) would max out their data plan at the time. I am still running the 19C and still waiting for the update. Switching to wifi made no difference either. Also my sim from TMobile is unlimited data and my data limit is off.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
279 Posts
I was driving around 1pm today, had full 4G and then the (annoying) data limit error popped up and within seconds it killed my 4G. Stupid warning comes up like every few seconds whilst driving. Hope they get this fixed on their end, and it will not require a service appt. to clear or "reset" something!
Just ran out to pick up dinner. Saw the message once, then it disappeared.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
279 Posts
I was thinking of doing just that! BTW, Pete (Doc Hudson) is driving back in his new red I-Pace. He wound up buying it from the same dealer I did, but had to drive from PA to Long Island. I spoke with him and he's a happy camper thus far. :)
Great the hear "Doc" found his car. One more on the streets of PA. I might actually get to see one in the wild.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts