Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been stranded twice in traffic with complete failure of system. No warning at all just dead with rolling stop. Towed once and had to call dealer second time for vehicle to be recovered. I placed a call to Jaguar customer service and only after contacting TaTa motors after 6 weeks did I even get a call back. Still waiting for second call back to discuss details!!! Here's the real problem, with no warning at all, you have to wander if this where to happen in freeway traffic lets say center lane going 70 miles plus you would be run over/rear ended.
Jaguar Land Rover seems to have no interest in my situation, so that's my story. Buyer be ware!!!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I have been stranded twice in traffic with complete failure of system. No warning at all just dead with rolling stop. Towed once and had to call dealer second time for vehicle to be recovered. I placed a call to Jaguar customer service and only after contacting TaTa motors after 6 weeks did I even get a call back. Still waiting for second call back to discuss details!!! Here's the real problem, with no warning at all, you have to wander if this where to happen in freeway traffic lets say center lane going 70 miles plus you would be run over/rear ended.
Jaguar Land Rover seems to have no interest in my situation, so that's my story. Buyer be ware!!!
Whats the build date, How long have you had the car, what did the dealer do the first time

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Off hand I do not know the build date. First time it was dead 12 volt battery. Second time was an some sort of electrical junction box, took a week and a half to fix. The main point here is there is NO warning of a failure. Its a an early First Addition fully loaded.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The dealers suck, frankly. Car is fantastic. It's a shame they can't fix your issue.

Also odd that a lot of people who talk about buybacks come to this forum for the very first time just to do so.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
398 Posts
While the issues are certainly distressing (I've been towed twice but luckily nothing happened in a dangerous place), I doubt two breakdowns puts you anywhere near buyback territory. Could the electrical junction box (not sure what that is, specifically) was the true cause for both events? If so, then well, problem solved.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My dealer has been great, its Jaguar corporate that the problem. Yes you are right, just finally got a call from regional office and basically told we fixed it so go away.
Final point you have NO warring when complete failure is going to happen. I guarantee you if in freeway traffic an you coast to a stop you will be run over, at least in Phoenix.
If this is acceptable to anyone then go ahead a buy an I-pace. I'm done, Lexus here I come.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I've had an ICE car do this to me on the highway a few times in it's first year - no warning. Engine just stalled. GM never really diagnosed a specific issue - seemed to just go away. Very unnerving.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My dealer has been great, its Jaguar corporate that the problem. Yes you are right, just finally got a call from regional office and basically told we fixed it so go away.
Final point you have NO warring when complete failure is going to happen. I guarantee you if in freeway traffic an you coast to a stop you will be run over, at least in Phoenix.
If this is acceptable to anyone then go ahead a buy an I-pace. I'm done, Lexus here I come.
I had a Lexus RX450h before the i-Pace. Had they made an electric version, I would not have even looked elsewhere (it was a great car). Having driven the i-Pace for 2 years now, I really think from a design and fit&finish standpoint, they nailed it. I am not so pleased with the reliability but I expected issues as an early adopter and the dealer has been very good. I'll see how the next 2 years go and that will help me decide on the next car. As others have mentioned, ICE cars have had issues as well (I recall stating a 600km road trip with my brother in his BMW that ended with a tow 25kn into the drive) so this is not unique to Jag (not that it is an excuse).

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My mom had to dump her BMW 135i for similar reasons. Stuff happens.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
753 Posts
I have had similar (or worse) things happen to ICE BMWs, Mercedes, Range Rover and even a Honda. Not making any excuses for Jaguar, but aggravating, dangerous and upsetting car problems can happen across the board. JLR customer service is not top notch. When I traded my '19 I-Pace for a 2020 model, it took JLR almost 3 months to get back to me regarding the cars internet connection not working :(

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
My mom had to dump her BMW 135i for similar reasons. Stuff happens.
She lost power two or three times before she lemoned it. Those pesky HP fuel pumps and turbos of the early 35 series.

·
Registered
195 Posts
My 2012 Ford Focus Electric ran fine for 40,000miles. It had over the air updates, believe it or not. I got a notice that it was updating my software at 40,000 miles while leaving home. Later that afternoon the car just died while driving straight down the road. It did this for 17 times over 17 days. Other people who had 2012's had the same thing. The dealers could find nothing in the histories of the cars that had the failures. That would cost you $99 to find that out. Around the 10th day I filed a complaint with the Fed DOT. Day 18 I saw another notice that the car was doing another update. Problem fixed. It was reported that the 1st update they did, changed the allowed time for not seeing the 300v bus voltage down to half the time it had previously been set at. They failed to check that the 2012 models had a different software, that reported bus voltage at a lower rate, than later software. The car worked fine for the next 2000 miles till a wrong way driver hit it headon. Complain to the Federal DOT if it is failing on the road and you can't get it fixed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts