Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
It would be unfair to complain about TCU 14.2 on SOTA for infotainment not working, internet data, ... my 14.2 works like a charm. I would love to have the 19.2, but can't see what I will bring to me.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
311 Posts
Took the kitty in to have the replacement second key fob programmed for the car and, hopefully, get my software updated. I gave him a list of issues and a specific request for InControl S20B1 and TCU 19.2. We'll see what I get. 🤞

In the meantime, they gave me a 2020 Range Rover Velar as a loaner. Nice car! Though not a match for the I-Pace. I was surprised (maybe I shouldn't have been) how similar the InControl was. So of course I had to see what version it was. I think the Velar is mocking me and my I-Pace InControl S18D and TCU 14.2. Although apparently they call it VCS instead of TCU for Range Rover?

Here is what I found: (I think the Velar needs and update, but it's still better than what I have. Hoping to beat those versions when I pick up the kitty tomorrow.)

VelarInControl.jpg
VelarVCS.jpg

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
819 Posts
Mine says 'Vehicle connectivity system". It is 18.2.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Doc, Re the Velar, you should try and see if you can get it to SOTA either of the the latest updates.:unsure:

Cheers, Steve

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
311 Posts
Doc, Re the Velar, you should try and see if you can get it to SOTA either of the the latest updates.:unsure:

Cheers, Steve
Actually did that when I was in the menu, although I didn't connect it to my WiFi. I got the all too familiar no update available response. Maybe I'll try it again with WiFi for kicks.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
311 Posts
Got my car back from service and have InControl S20B1 installed! :cool: Checked the Telematics looking for 19.2! Saw Telematics 14.2 instead after specifically asking for the upgrade and providing several communication issues to my service advisor. :confused: I saw WattCat reference that TCU 14.2 will not allow for charge "pause". I don't see myself taking it back for service, but I'll be watching it closely and noting any deficiencies so that maybe my next service visit will include a TCU upgrade finally.

I just noticed that the Telematics is shown as "Vehicle connectivity System" just like the RR Velar. I didn't think it showed that way when I had InControl 18D. Hmmm...

InControl-S20B1.jpg Telematics14-2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
@DocHudson I seriously cannot believe they left you at 14.2, when you asked very specifically for a TCU update. It sounds like your dealer is kind of a dick ;)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Checked the Telematics looking for 19.2! Saw Telematics 14.2 instead after specifically asking for the upgrade and providing several communication issues to my service advisor. :confused:
I can see that we are on the same boat. After 2 attemps, I am still on 14.2. I give up now and wait for the upcoming TCU SOTA update to get the 19.2. But to be honest I can't really complain about the 14.2, can't see any limitation that affects me (I don't care about charging pause feature). The only thing that I would be happy to have is being able to set the preconditionning priority to comfort (cabin) or battery. It does not work with my 14.2.

·
Registered
197 Posts
This is a documented feature in the API, but I don't know if it is a feature that is not available in North America, or JLR stop supporting it, or it does not work on my car. If you want to try it, you can start an active session with JLR servers with https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html, for example, and then you sign in and fetch the data. Then, you open the web javascript console tool from the browser ("option for developer" in menu in chrome, or tools/web developer in Firefox). Then you can type "v.climate_prioritize("PRIORITIZE_RANGE", function(self, data) {console.dir(data)})". This is an async function, so it will trigger the call and then do regular call back to track the progression of the call. When the command is completed, I receive a "failed" with a timeout. If you want to try and report what you see . The other value for the parameter is "PRIORITIZE_COMFORT". My default value for this parameter is "PRIORITIZE_COMFORT", which means if I precondition the car, it will precondition the cabin, not the battery.

·
Registered
91 Posts
dernotte,
thanks for your latest post #34 showing how you can query the API at:
https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html

Using this link above I have this setting.

EV_PRECONDITION_PRIORITY_SETTINGPRIORITIZE_COMFORT

I am on TCU 18.2. When viewing Vehicle Details on Wattcat I always see:
Precon Priority - Comfort & Battery Precon - OFF.

Using Wattcat I have attempted to Precon my Battery several times during my current mild winter season, but only the cabin seems to be , warmed and the Battery does not benefit.

I tried the Chrome javascript console tool for the 1st time, with same results as yours.

Object
v.climate_prioritize("PRIORITIZE_RANGE", function(self, data) {console.dir(data)})
undefined
13jlr.js:887 Running
jlr.js:887 Failed

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
197 Posts
Thanks for fixing the typo...
As I mentioned, I don’t know if JLR disabled the feature, or it is available in specific countries, or that is a feature that will be available later. I thought it could be related to 14.2. Apparently not.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just for S&Gs, I ran this on the Mac OS Safari console and got the same result.

·
Registered
55 Posts
The dealer did not know that 19.2 was even available :)

Got Telematics and most current S20B1

View attachment 4523 View attachment 4524
I have a 2020 HSE and checked for updates. My computer say's I am up to date. Any idea why your 2020 had a 8/14/2020 update and I don't. I purchased my
car in May so this update should have come up in my system. By the way, did the update do anything worthwhile. I would love an update that would speed up the computer
and give us more miles on a charge.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
311 Posts
I have a 2020 HSE and checked for updates. My computer say's I am up to date. Any idea why your 2020 had a 8/14/2020 update and I don't. I purchased my
car in May so this update should have come up in my system. By the way, did the update do anything worthwhile. I would love an update that would speed up the computer
Can you post what InControl and TCU versions you currently have?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
672 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
My 2019 HSE purchased in Dec. 2019 had a more up to date TCU than my 2020 HSE I bought a few weeks ago :-O Updates are done by the selling dealer before delivery, and many dealers are lazy, sloppy or honestly do not care.

Also, I had to have updates and actual repairs done to get SOTA to work. Mine said up to date for EIGHT months. You can search for this, as I posted ad nauseam about it on our Forum :)

The only update so far that increased range was H264 and H280. I cannot imagine anyone having a 2020 without H264!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts