Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
Did you scroll down and see the value for the battery energy control system? I hope you did and see it start with BP.

Finally! One less gripe from Deutsch100! I'm marking this day on my calendar. 馃榿

Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
Discussion Starter #3
Did you scroll down and see the value for the battery energy control system? I hope you did and see it start with BP.

Finally! One less gripe from Deutsch100! I'm marking this day on my calendar. 馃榿
I scrolled down, and for Battery Energy Control System....it just has a : (colon). There is no BP or any number, value or version.

"One less gripe"?!?! Heeeeey!!!!! ;) I praise what is amazing about my/our I-Pace all the time. It's not my fault the car's Wi-Fi died, car was delivered with a dead SIM card or the fans could wake the dead ;)

Premium Member
Sometimes I have to back out of the display and then go back for a second look, or a check for update (either one on that display) will trigger a display when the screen refreshes. Alas, I'm only on 18.2 and wonder if 19.2 will come to us OTA since it appears Jaguar is deploying 19.2 in more cats at the vets. They must have more confidence in its value and stability.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes I have to back out of the display and then go back for a second look, or a check for update (either one on that display) will trigger a display when the screen refreshes. Alas, I'm only on 18.2 and wonder if 19.2 will come to us OTA since it appears Jaguar is deploying 19.2 in more cats at the vets. They must have more confidence in its value and stability.
I always take what the Service Dept. says with a grain of salt (since they did not even know 19.2 Telematics was released), but they said Infotainment will be SOTA whenever possible, but as of now Telematics will be a dealer visit.

I told them that Telematics should be SOTA according to Jaguar, but he said they have never done Telematics OTA since the I-Pace debuted in late 2018. I don't know the answer honestly (and they might not either, LOL).

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #6
@Ayepace thanks for letting me know about the Battery Energy Control System; I checked for update, exited and came back and there it was.

I checked and it says BP-AA....... Glad it shows what you said it should. See...no gripes ;)

Registered
Mazda RX-8
I've been beating my service advisor about the head and neck (figuratively) about getting my software updated. I specifically asked for S20B1 and TCU 19.2 when I take the car in for service Friday. Hopefully I will be happier than the last visit when he left me at S18D and TCU 14.2 and said that was the most recent software. :eek:

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #9
I've been beating my service advisor about the head and neck (figuratively) about getting my software updated. I specifically asked for S20B1 and TCU 19.2 when I take the car in for service Friday. Hopefully I will be happier than the last visit when he left me at S18D and TCU 14.2 and said that was the most recent software. :eek:
OMG....14.2? That is from 2018.

My 2019 came with 18.2 and inexplicably my 2020 came with 16.2

You need to demand a min. of 18.2 You must say something is not working, like Wi-Fi, and they will be more inclined to update Telematics.

I am so lucky having Thousand Oaks Jaguar. For the last 8 months, two I-Paces....they have done every update requested.

Registered
Mazda RX-8
OMG....14.2? That is from 2018.

My 2019 came with 18.2 and inexplicably my 2020 came with 16.2

You need to demand a min. of 18.2 You must say something is not working, like Wi-Fi, and they will be more inclined to update Telematics.

I am so lucky having Thousand Oaks Jaguar. For the last 8 months, two I-Paces....they have done every update requested.
I gave him a list of issues to justify the software upgrade including WiFi issues, app connection issues, AT&T mobile issues, etc. And that little thing: my SOTA doesn't work! :confused:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 馃

Registered
My 2020 also shipped with 16.2 (July 2019) and while in the dealer last Friday to replace both rear wheel air dams (again, this time under a TSB with new method of attachment), they told me there was NO TCU UPDATE for my car. ?? How could I be two versions (18.2, 19.2) behind and have no updates?? (FYI, I did do SOTA to get S_20B1 last week before the visit). Are 2020 owners getting 19.2, or only 2019 owners?

Registered
I gave him a list of issues to justify the software upgrade including WiFi issues, app connection issues, AT&T mobile issues, etc. And that little thing: my SOTA doesn't work! :confused:

I'm keeping my fingers crossed. 馃
If it worked for you I will keep the recipe. I failed 2 times to have the dealer upgrade my TCU. First time in Jan when the car was at the dealer foe the H264. They told my the the H264 will also upgrade "everything", including TCU.... still on 14.2. Last time a month ago, when the car was at the dealer foe the H280. I explicitly ask them to upgrade to 18.2, and when I got the car back, they told me that "no issue, no upgrade". Still on 14.2, but I can't identify what I'm missing, everything is ok, communication is ok, API is ok, wifi is ok (except password), bluetooth is ok, so 19.2 seems to be a "nice to have", but not a "must have".

Registered
I find it odd there is a button to check for updates if this is dealer only.
Will 19.2 eventually show up on TOPIx?

I guess I will get this at the next required service.

Premium Member
16.2 added TCU to eligible modules for SOTA even though the check button was there from the start. You can see this in the short notes in WattCat pull down of service bulletins for software updates.

Registered
Don't mean to hijack, but what if does it mean if the version is blank? It's been making me a little nuts not knowing which version of stuff I have :/

20200826_092156.jpg 20200826_092222.jpg

Premium Member
It means that you're probably on TCU version 14.2. The version doesn't start showing up until later TCU versions.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #18
16.2 added TCU to eligible modules for SOTA even though the check button was there from the start. You can see this in the short notes in WattCat pull down of service bulletins for software updates.
This is when it gets frustrating. My new 2020 came with Telematics 16.2, and I used SOTA to get S20B, but SOTA would not OTA get 18.2

My Service Dealer told me yesterday that SOTA is only for Infotainment and will not work for Telematics. Yet, Wattcat shows it will do TCU and even Jaguar videos on YouTube mention TCU updates.

Premium Member
Showing a number is merely cosmetic. I'd only complain if you experience other issues like SOTA for infotainment not working at all, phone app doesn't talk to the cat, other infotainment features that get internet data don't work, etc.

If they push out a TCU update and others start getting it but you don't, that would be a time to visit the vet. However, they've not pushed out a TCU update. It seems only dealers have installed the updated versions.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts