Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to share for my Arizona I-Pace family that I had an issue last month when I wanted to do the 5-year option on my registration. I was only being given the option for 1 or 2 year renewal (even though all of the online documentation says that we are entitled to that option.) I got several different answers from the DMV (mostly just... well that's too bad - or it's a new system and things are a bit screwed up for the moment), but finally did have one agent go the extra mile and was able to determine that my car (maybe all I-Pace vehicles??) was marked as an energy efficient not an alternative-fuel vehicle. Once she updated that in the system, I had (and took) the 5-year registration option.

Some might ask why - a) it saves all of the additional fees that go with each renewal b) Arizona has incentives for EVs making the plate cost very affordable c) Arizona has not yet decided to tack road taxes on to our plates (since ICE vehicles pay that on fuel sales tax). d) Even if I sell my car, Arizona is very kind and refunds a prorated amount, unlike some neighboring states.

·
Registered
2020 S
65 Posts
The Georgia title application the dealer filled out for my car had "0" in the number cylinders field, but it had "GAS" in the fuel type field. I asked the dealer about this, and they said those fields were auto-populated by the state's database and there was nothing they could do about it. They said the state would eventually fix it - maybe next year. When my registration showed up a few weeks later though it correctly identified the car as electric.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
858 Posts
Glad to hear AZ registration has such a system and you were able to take advantage of it. OH tacked on $200/year to EVs at the start of 2020. I was able to renew my registration for 5 years before the start of 2020. I saved $1000 by doing that instead of waiting and renewing after the start of 2020 closer to the expiration date of my registration.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Here in SC the DMV charges electric vehicle owners $120.00 for road tax that covers 2 years at a time ($60.00/year). I bought the first I-Pace from Hilton Head Jaguar/Land Rover back in January 2019 and they forgot to add that into my final quote so they paid it. Keep in mind I paid a premium for my I-Pace though! Loved it then & still love it today.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Just wanted to share for my Arizona I-Pace family that I had an issue last month when I wanted to do the 5-year option on my registration. I was only being given the option for 1 or 2 year renewal (even though all of the online documentation says that we are entitled to that option.) I got several different answers from the DMV (mostly just... well that's too bad - or it's a new system and things are a bit screwed up for the moment), but finally did have one agent go the extra mile and was able to determine that my car (maybe all I-Pace vehicles??) was marked as an energy efficient not an alternative-fuel vehicle. Once she updated that in the system, I had (and took) the 5-year registration option.

Some might ask why - a) it saves all of the additional fees that go with each renewal b) Arizona has incentives for EVs making the plate cost very affordable c) Arizona has not yet decided to tack road taxes on to our plates (since ICE vehicles pay that on fuel sales tax). d) Even if I sell my car, Arizona is very kind and refunds a prorated amount, unlike some neighboring states.
Thank you .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts