Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while and have decided it's finally time to post. I've had my I-Pace for close to two months now and have to say it's a blast to drive! That being said I am, unfortunately, seeing most of the problems everyone here is talking about. One topic i don't see much discussion on is Carplay. To those that do use it. how's it working for you? Generally it works for me with the exception of siri. If i say something like hey siri text whomever, the normal behavior is that it waits a minute or so and finally comes back to me with a "no internet connection" message.
I'd also like to add that it occasionally works, by occasionally i mean it's worked 3 or 4 times since i've had the car :-( Anybody else seeing this? my touch pro software is s18d_18.47.5-269316. Thanks!

·
Registered
268 Posts
I use mine occasionally (just bluetooth just as or more often) and it functions well. However I have never tried to use Siri, so I have no direct experience in the car with that.

I'll give that a try next time and get back to you.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Hi all, I've been following this forum for a while and have decided it's finally time to post. I've had my I-Pace for close to two months now and have to say it's a blast to drive! That being said I am, unfortunately, seeing most of the problems everyone here is talking about. One topic i don't see much discussion on is Carplay. To those that do use it. how's it working for you? Generally it works for me with the exception of siri. If i say something like hey siri text whomever, the normal behavior is that it waits a minute or so and finally comes back to me with a "no internet connection" message.
I'd also like to add that it occasionally works, by occasionally i mean it's worked 3 or 4 times since i've had the car :-( Anybody else seeing this? my touch pro software is s18d_18.47.5-269316. Thanks!
HI there

The no internet connection is not because of anything with I Pace, assuming you are using your own data plan for the phone. It may be the coverage and/or the phone not getting good signal based on where you are placing it. Can you give us more information? Which phone? What carrier? What data plan are you using?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response! To answer your questions, it's an iphone 10x, ios 12.2 with a t-mobile unlimited plan. Here's what i'm seeing... I get into the car don't turn it on, I've also turned wifi off on my phone to force it to use cellular, I use siri to send a text and it works perfectly as expected. I then turn the car on, connect the phone, carplay comes up, I try to send a text using siri and I get the "no internet connection" message displayed on the cars touchscreen. The phone status shown on the touchscreen via carplay shows LGE with 2 bars, same as what the phone shows when not connected to carplay. HELP! :) Thanks again!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Carplay is spotty at best. From what I can tell if you connect your phone too quickly when you start your car...it goes wonky. Making and receiving calls dont work properly, voice to text is slow, overall experience is slow. I've learned to drive the car a few minutes before connecting the USB cable

·
Registered
427 Posts
Carplay is spotty at best. From what I can tell if you connect your phone too quickly when you start your car...it goes wonky. Making and receiving calls dont work properly, voice to text is slow, overall experience is slow. I've learned to drive the car a few minutes before connecting the USB cable
Definitely more work to do on Android Auto and CarPlay. I posted on another thread that I recently was on a business trip, rented a Ford Fusion Hybrid with FordSync and Carplay support. The infotainment system booted quick. It immediately detected the iOS and offered up CarPlay. Everything, including voice command worked perfect. I connected the phone prior to start up and it worked great. There was no confusion.

I too wait until my profile /preferences load before connecting the USB cable when I want to use CarPlay and have reasonably good experience. I also make sure I change source when I turn off the car so that it starts up the infotainment system on either Radio or on Sirius/XM. I've had a couple odd experiences when the start up is looking for CarPlay music as the source.

My infotainment is getting updated to S19A this week. I'll see if there are any differences.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
My infotainment is getting updated to S19A this week. I'll see if there are any differences.
I just picked up my car today. It was completely updated, all modules, 30+ updates installed. It took them nearly 3 full days with the car hooked up to their pathfinder system to get them all done..

CarPlay still doesn’t work right.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I just picked up my car today. It was completely updated, all modules, 30+ updates installed. It took them nearly 3 full days with the car hooked up to their pathfinder system to get them all done..

Maybe this will help?
1. Try deleting Jaguar I-Pace from the list of My Cars
2. Reset your iPhone (volume dp, volume down, then keep holding the power button until the Apple icon appears).
3. Start your I-Pace, wait until everything loads.
4. Connect your iPhone and add it to CarPlay.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Maybe this will help?
1. Try deleting Jaguar I-Pace from the list of My Cars
2. Reset your iPhone (volume dp, volume down, then keep holding the power button until the Apple icon appears).
3. Start your I-Pace, wait until everything loads.
4. Connect your iPhone and add it to CarPlay.
No change. I don't use Siri much, so I can't really speak to that. The issue I have is with phone calls. I never have a problem making an outgoing call whether connected to CarPlay or not. However incoming calls rarely work. I can hear the caller just fine, but 9 out of 10 times the only way they can hear me is if I disconnect from Carplay.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Sorry to hear that :-( and what version of touch pro software did they install?

·
Registered
424 Posts
@Dantrium - I have a similar issue. I can't receive incoming calls and it drives me nuts. As a real estate agent, since our built in nav is such crap, I use car play for nav constantly. I also receive like 100 calls per day so when you put the 2 together it's really hard to get anywhere and use the phone hands-free.

With incoming calls in my car, the caller can hear me but I can't hear them. I have to put the phone on speaker to hear anything - which means I have to drive holding the phone... It's really annoying...

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Sorry to hear that ? and what version of touch pro software did they install?
the only software I can see version number for is the InControl Touch Pro: S19A_19.11.4-330884. My car used to display Telematics version, but it is now blank. Battery software version is also blank on my car.

Most of the software versions that control the car are only visible by the dealers using pathfinder.

The crazy thing is while waiting for them to finish my car I went to the Audi dealer next door and spent 90 minutes with an eTron. It took me less than a minute to connect my phone. It and CarPlay worked flawlessly.

As we all know, JLR has some work to do on their software...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't know if anyone else has mentioned this, if so, apologies.

It seems the car controls volume in at least 2 discrete settings. Specifically, music/podcast/audiobook volume (entertainment) has one volume level and the car itself has a separate volume setting. I wasn't able to hear Siri or the text message read-out or incoming calls even though my music was perfectly audible. I tried cranking up the volume as the car - not the music - was audible and it worked, music level didn't change but the navigation/siri/text message volume increased. So maybe try to get the carplay app to "read" you a text message (it'll be really quiet) and turn up the volume as it's "reading" - dumb, but seemed to work for me and now I can hear texts and nav and phone calls just fine.

·
Registered
19 Posts

It seems the car controls volume in at least 2 discrete settings. Specifically, music/podcast/audiobook volume (entertainment) has one volume level and the car itself has a separate volume setting. I wasn't able to hear Siri or the text message read-out or incoming calls even though my music was perfectly audible. I tried cranking up the volume as the car - not the music - was audible and it worked, music level didn't change but the navigation/siri/text message volume increased. So maybe try to get the carplay app to "read" you a text message (it'll be really quiet) and turn up the volume as it's "reading" - dumb, but seemed to work for me and now I can hear texts and nav and phone calls just fine.
That is a great tip to try. I will try it when I ever get my car back again from the dealer. They claim to have "fixed" most of my current issues, but required replacing the hood latch and do a program update for it. I had some major issues with loss of the climate control screen likely associated with car play. On the way to the shop the screen went blank. Up to then, I only lost sound or functions when using the lower screen for climate or seats.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts

Thanks, but text message read out has never been a problem

·
Registered
424 Posts
Same here. I'll test it anyway but it's just odd...

Does the E-Tron have wireless Carplay? I'm pretty over the cord....

·
Registered
424 Posts
Why Jaguar went with such an antiquated cord system is beyond me... This didn't seem like such a big deal to me when I bought the car but I also thought I would be able to use the built-in nav most of the time - and I have been able to use it about 10% of the time instead. Therefore I rely on carplay and it fails all the time as well and the cord gets in the way ALL the time.

On top of that Jaguar didn't even integrate the eyes free thing or whatever so that you can at least summon siri with the push of the voice button. The reason this is helpful for me is to make calls since the built-in voice command never works to call the right person...

/endrant...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts