Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Jaguar app not updating anymore
Are you complaining that an update that you now exists is not showing up, or that Jag is not developing anything new? What "Jag App" do you mean? The app for the phone (iPhone or Android) or the infotainment software on the car itself?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Are you complaining that an update that you now exists is not showing up, or that Jag is not developing anything new? What "Jag App" do you mean? The app for the phone (iPhone or Android) or the infotainment software on the car itself?
Jaguar remote app iPhone , it’s not developing anything new

·
Registered
398 Posts
Jaguar remote app iPhone , it’s not developing anything new
Right. They did release some sort of new version but I never downloaded it (whatever happened to it?). Car companies have never been really at the forefront of software development and software end-user experience so no surprise from. The app does what it needs to do but could be so much more...

·
Registered
33 Posts
If you decide to go a different BEV route at the end of your I-Pace lease, check out the Lucid that is supposed to be available before the end of this year. Motor Trend has tested it, including verifying the very near accuracy of its high Range Claims, and gave it Rave Reviews in all aspects of the vehicle. Starting (but supposedly, well equipped) price is to be in the $70K range with a stated range of 400 miles. There's, of course, a much more expensive model at, as I recall, $150K or so that'll go 500 miles on a mix of city and 75MPH Interstate drives. Looks to be a winner, whichever model you choose! Check this out: 2021 Lucid Air First Ride Review: 490 Miles on One Charge!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I seem to be the latest iPace owner to suffer an unexplained loss of function in the Remote app, in that it no longer reports charging status, progress, or range. It used to, but it doesn’t now. It’s really irritating, and the only thing more irritating will be dealing with the dealer, who never seem to know anything and can’t do anything for 3 weeks. Anyone here with any ideas to jigger things up?

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,303 Posts
JLR may have issues with servers for your area/car.

There are some upcoming server relocations coming that may impact service. I don't have any more info. It's just listed in my TOPIx email notice.

·
Registered
2 Posts
JLR may have issues with servers for your area/car.

There are some upcoming server relocations coming that may impact service. I don't have any more info. It's just listed in my TOPIx email notice.
OK, after some major bitching at my dealer (who promised, but as per usual never came up with, a call back) I now find that the Remote app is connecting again; no longer thinks the car is asleep; shows the correct charge level and range, that it is locked and alarmed, knows where it is, and has retained all journey records.
The ointment-fly is that it still thinks the vehicle is being charged at c.2kW with an unfeasible many, many hours to completion - when in fact it is not connected to anything and is carrying ~90% charge.
EITHER Jaguar have done a Secret SOTA fix on the TCU (and got that a bit wrong) OR - and this is the only thing I hadn't done since the problem surfaced - the act of connecting my iPhone to the car with its USB cable somehow kicked the thing into action. Or it's just a very unreliable app.
I wouldn't know. But things are that bit better, and in all other respects my MY21 SE is a very fine bit of kit thoroughly enjoyable to drive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts