Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2020 iPace with the old Touch Pro Duo. About two weeks ago the navigation started acting up: Only seeing my position changes intermittently, not being able to plot a route home, stuff like that. Somewhat strange was that using Apple Play to use Google or Apple maps for directions was also poor: The display was incredibly laggy. I've got an appointment with the dealer for a couple of weeks from now.

But even stranger was that trying to access InControl from my laptop wasn't working well: I seem to remember problems logging in, and the API that I use to access route info was failing. I was also getting lots of alerts on the remote app that my car didn't have time to charge before the next scheduled trip, although it did.

Today, navigation suddenly started working again, and the Apple Play lag went away. Coincidently, I can now log in to InControl, sync routes, etc.

If it wasn't for the online portion, I'd just figure that there was an intermittent problem with Touch Pro Duo and I'd have the dealer take a look. But given the timing of the online issues, I wonder if there's some interaction, Jaguar or here.com addressed the issue, and I can save myself from having to hand over the car for who knows how long.

Has anyone else seen this recently?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You're right, the recent sun flare activity could explain the navigation part of the problem. It's harder to see a connection to InControl and its API not working from the laptop, and the laggy CarPlay. And indeed, if everything is still working when my appointment comes closer, may as well cancel it. At least they have the problem on record while the car's under warranty, in case it comes back again.

I'm really just fishing here, seeing if several people say, "Yeah, my navigation was acting up for the past two weeks and suddenly cleared up two days ago, as well." Bit of a long shot.

(In my defense, I'm a software engineer, and know that all kinds of crazy problems can come up. For example, since the here.com server seemed flaky at the time, maybe the navigation software was using all its processing power trying to constantly connect, making things like position detection and Car Play super laggy.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts