Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It almost never rains here in So. California, but we are getting a lot of heavy rain (and should continue for about a week). My wipers are clean and the windshield is spotless, but the wipers make that annoying sound (MBZ does this too). We normally switch to a higher quality Bosch or Rain-X blade. I cannot find the size or part # in the manual. Does anyone know what other blades we can put on the I-Pace. The stock Jaguar blades suck. Btw, BMW blades are the best....so quiet!

Thank you :)

·
Registered
94 Posts
It almost never rains here in So. California, but we are getting a lot of heavy rain (and should continue for about a week). My wipers are clean and the windshield is spotless, but the wipers make that annoying sound (MBZ does this too). We normally switch to a higher quality Bosch or Rain-X blade. I cannot find the size or part # in the manual. Does anyone know what other blades we can put on the I-Pace. The stock Jaguar blades suck. Btw, BMW blades are the best....so quiet!

Thank you :)
I noticed the noise as well, but wasn't sure what to do about it. My X3 always made that noise as well.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I researched changing my wiper blades this past January, since my car was built in July 2018. I imagine when I bought the car the wipers were put on at that time. Anyway the aftermarket wiper blade companies will indicate the driver's side is a 26" side lock. This blade will fit, but it is 1" short of the original 27". Further research indicates the original blades were made in Serbia (stamped on bottom of the side lock piece in the middle of the blade).Now it appears the only wiper blade manufacturer in Serbia is Bosch. Now this is where it gets interesting. I went to the Bosch site and they claim they do not make a blade for the I-Pace. I never did find the 27" side lock blade and defaulted back to the OEM blades at the Jaguar dealership. I could find them less expensive online, but shipping brought the price up to the dealer price. My dealer's parts department (Hilton Head Jaguar) matched the price online before shipping costs which resulted in about a $20.00 total savings for the purchase of both blades. I actually have found the blades quiet and efficient at least at speeds up to 70 mph. Looking forward to more information provided by other members' experience. I believe I am quite open minded, unless you ask my wife.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Goodyear Hybrid wipes 770-26 and 770-20 or 19 will fit. They come with adapter parts to allow them to fit on the wiper arms. I ordered a set of 26 and 20 via Amazon and got a 26 and a 19. Free shipping for Prime members.

I don't like the adapter parts. It looks like they'll be a challenge to deal with when it comes time to replace the blades in the future. The difference in how they fit the arms also suggest that they'll cause wind noise with the arms farther from the glass surface. Try at your own risk.

I'm going to stick with the Jaguar blades. It also turns out they can be less expensive than the Goodyears.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you are getting wiper blade chatter, that is probably not coming from the blade as much as it is coming from a waxy buildup on the windshield... even more likely in places with lesser rain and especially if you've used any form of drive-thru car wash.

The safest option is a wax remover made specifically for cars, but 91% isopropyl alcohol and some dishwashing soaps can help with a lot of elbow grease; being sure to keep them off the paint where they will strip the wax there too.

Other solvents are possible but aren't recommended unless you are certain you will be super-careful since accidentally touching the paint could damage the paint. Acetone or nail polish remover are probably the best examples here. If you go this route, put some on a non-synthetic cloth well away from the car, make sure there is no possibility of dripping, and then move to the car and rub it on the glass only.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The wipers that came with the car were not good. I had nasty streaks only a few months after getting the car. I was charging next to an auto parts store. so went in to have a look. Got a 26" TROCO NeoForm. It supported the "Push Button" type and once I was able to read the microscopic instruction on the package, it took 30 seconds to swap it out. Much better and did not notice the length difference.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have also replaced the OEM wipers with TRICO NeoForm wipers. The new wipers are silent and leave no streaks, unlike the wipers that came with the I-Pace. I did notice the length difference on the driver side wiper, but it is only if you are really paying attention. In wet conditions the loss of roughly 1” wiping cover is insignificant compared to the silence and grace of wipers that just work and do it silently.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I have also replaced the OEM wipers with TRICO NeoForm wipers. The new wipers are silent and leave no streaks, unlike the wipers that came with the I-Pace. I did notice the length difference on the driver side wiper, but it is only if you are really paying attention. In wet conditions the loss of roughly 1” wiping cover is insignificant compared to the silence and grace of wipers that just work and do it silently.
Hey, I had purchased both sides, but only replaced the driver side (the car was against a wall when I worked up the energy to swap them). I just tried to do the passenger side and the blade would not fit. According to the TRICO web page, it is the right one, but unlike the 26" which supported both the snap-in and push button styles, the shorter passenger one only supports the snap in. Did I miss something here?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was unaware that TRICO NeoForm wipers would fit the I-Pace. The only TRICO model wiper blade that I know for a fact fits is the TRICO Tech 26" and 20". Remember of course the driver's side is 1" short of the OE blade. I do reserve the right to be wrong as far as the NeoForm model working.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I was unaware that TRICO NeoForm wipers would fit the I-Pace. The only TRICO model wiper blade that I know for a fact fits is the TRICO Tech 26" and 20". Remember of course the driver's side is 1" short of the OE blade. I do reserve the right to be wrong as far as the NeoForm model working.
The Trico NeoForm blades fit my I-Pace without issue ¯\(ツ)

Hey, I had purchased both sides, but only replaced the driver side (the car was against a wall when I worked up the energy to swap them). I just tried to do the passenger side and the blade would not fit. According to the TRICO web page, it is the right one, but unlike the 26" which supported both the snap-in and push button styles, the shorter passenger one only supports the snap in. Did I miss something here?
Both blades clipped into the wiper arm without too much issue. They sometimes need a little encouragement to get into a locked position. Make sure you remove the correct piece of the assembly as well, as out of the box they won’t fit.

·
Registered
252 Posts
The long one worked in a few seconds perfectly. The shorter one is visibly different in that there is a lip along the bottom that conflicts with the lip of the wiper rod itself. The other blade does not have the lip (and it is not removable as it is all one piece). The instructions on the back also only show the snap in method to install it while the long bade's instructions had both snap-in and push button. I think this blade is simply not compatible with push button and their database that says it is compatible is wrong. I bought these hundreds of km from home, so I won'tt try to return it. I thin if I cut that little lip off, it might still fit as it seems to have, inexplicably, the push button along the top. If it works, it wil be sheer luck, but worth a try rather than toss a new blade in the trash.

Update: Cutting the lip along the bottom does not work. The shape is different enough that the buttons won't line up. So be aware: Push button style; Yes. Snap on: No!

·
Registered
21 Posts
The long one worked in a few seconds perfectly. The shorter one is visibly different in that there is a lip along the bottom that conflicts with the lip of the wiper rod itself. The other blade does not have the lip (and it is not removable as it is all one piece). The instructions on the back also only show the snap in method to install it while the long bade's instructions had both snap-in and push button. I think this blade is simply not compatible with push button and their database that says it is compatible is wrong. I bought these hundreds of km from home, so I won'tt try to return it. I thin if I cut that little lip off, it might still fit as it seems to have, inexplicably, the push button along the top. If it works, it wil be sheer luck, but worth a try rather than toss a new blade in the trash.

Update: Cutting the lip along the bottom does not work. The shape is different enough that the buttons won't line up. So be aware: Push button style; Yes. Snap on: No!
My wipers both match in all but length, in that they both do not have lips. I wonder if there was incorrect boxing of one of your wipers?

·
Registered
252 Posts
My wipers both match in all but length, in that they both do not have lips. I wonder if there was incorrect boxing of one of your wipers?
The instructions on the driver side wiper had both the snap-in and push button instructions while the other one only had the snap in. Since I did not know which the Jag actually used, I trusted the computer at the store (their web site says it is ok). Next time, I'll read the box and make sure push-button is supported. I bought them far from home (while the car was fast charging, coincidentally in front of an auto pars store) and sat in my garage for months, so no chance to return it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I changed out my wiper blades today for Valeo 900 series blades with part numbers 900273B on the driver side and 900209B on the passenger side. I can't vouch for quality yet, but these match the OEM lengths (27" and 20") and fit fine. Like other people have said, the car needs top lock push button style replacements. When inserting new wipers, pressure has to be applied from underneath the plastic bit being inserted to depress the push button against the housing in order to clear the metal rail underneath. It took me embarrassingly long to figure that one out. Also, I tried to do this with the wipers in maintenance position, but found it much easier with the wipers in the standard position.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts