Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has added a 'Electric' emblem to the back of their I-Pace or do you think it would cheapen the look of the car?

If you have added one, can you post a pic and share the source?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
688 Posts
Years ago when I had the first Lexus Rx400h, I added a Hybrid emblem to the back. I do wish more people knew the I-pace was electric.

Last week I stopped by to tell a friend Hello (stayed outside, safe distancing ;). Her husband came out to look at my I-Pace. He was going on and on about how beautiful it is...sleek, modern, still looks like a Jag and was blown away with the interior.

He asked about the hp and torque....and THEN....he asked about the city and highway mpg! He had NO idea Jaguar makes an all electric. JLR has to fix this. I have now had to tell 12+ people my Jag is a pure EV.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Years ago when I had the first Lexus Rx400h, I added a Hybrid emblem to the back. I do wish more people knew the I-pace was electric.

Last week I stopped by to tell a friend Hello (stayed outside, safe distancing ;). Her husband came out to look at my I-Pace. He was going on and on about how beautiful it is...sleek, modern, still looks like a Jag and was blown away with the interior.

He asked about the hp and torque....and THEN....he asked about the city and highway mpg! He had NO idea Jaguar makes an all electric. JLR has to fix this. I have now had to tell 12+ people my Jag is a pure EV.
The problem with painting electric over it is that we risk exceeding smug emissions limits (see the Southpark reference) :)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have now had to tell 12+ people my Jag is a pure EV.
I live in Montréal, and I am the regional director of AVEQ (Association des véhicules électriques du Québec), a local EV association, and one of the biggest in north america. We have over 10.000 members. We make over 100 free events per year, to present our EV cars to the public, let the public try our car, while we explain what EV cars are, what are the benefits, etc. My Jag is very popular in those events (I don't let people drive my Jag, I drive myself), but you have no idea how many times I have to explain that, yes, Jag has an electric car. This car won over 70 EV prices last year, and no one knows about it. Jag's marketing sucks !

·
Registered
277 Posts
Just had a quick glance at your web page (AVÉQ). Nice stuff. Noticed that in the section "Achat bornes" the list of cars and their plugs don't have the Jaguar in it. Maybe you can talk to the web person to have it added.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Anyone watching the harassment that Tesla's get from the rolling coal knuckleheads might be very reluctant to put "electric" on their car. I know I am. I had a "Resist" bumper sticker and got a tire spiked.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Doesn't the "EV" on the right side of the rear lift gate convey that it's electric? If that doesn't do the trick, then just blow the doors off everybody when the light turns green -- they'll get the idea.

Funny story: I was at a red light next to a Ford F150 while driving our Chevy Bolt yesterday. It wasn't a Raptor or anything, but for whatever reason the guy punched it when the light changed. I decided to show him what my little Bolt could do, so I accelerated just enough to nose him out. Of course he then punched it further, as evidenced by the loud growl of his "Eco-boosted" V-6. I just continued to keep my half car length lead until he must have floored it. That's when I had enough and left him in the dust. He gave up as the view of his truck got smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror. I made the next light but he didn't, and I never saw him again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can’t say it looks cheap at all. The “EV” Badge was not obvious enough for me to tell everyone that this is not. a monstrous ICE jag!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Funny, I went the opposite route and removed everything but the center Jag logo. Perhaps other will pickup on the fact that it’s an EV by the lack of rear exhaust ports. Otherwise, who cares.

Reactions: DocHudson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts