Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone regrets getting this color? I found a great deal on one. I haven't seen the car in person. Some photos it looks red and others it looks a little orangish? Probably would have not been my first choice, but a dealer has one close to me and its the best price I've found. I also really prefer the 20" wheels which it has. Its a FE.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
182 Posts
Just wondering if anyone regrets getting this color? I found a great deal on one. I haven't seen the car in person. Some photos it looks red and others it looks a little orangish? Probably would have not been my first choice, but a dealer has one close to me and its the best price I've found. I also really prefer the 20" wheels which it has. Its a FE.
It definitely has an burnt orange look to it. I like it simply because it is different and I wouldn't have been apposed to getting that color if one was available for me. It is a little unusual, which I like, but if you are concerned about unusual you might want to make sure you take it in before buying. I ended up with a Firenze Red I-Pace and am also very happy with that.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I was going to get one. I personally didn't want an FE unless it was the Photon red.
You need to see it on person, in the sun, in the dark and under lights in the dark.
It does not look like the pictures , just like the Barasco Gray.
It looks more red in pictures

I wanted one with Oyster interior, but when I saw it at night, in garage lighting, it had a pinkish hue to it. That lead to find one with an all black interior to offset the pinkish color which I couldn't find in CA so I opted for a Ceasium Blue HSE.
In the sun, has an orange color to it

I really like the color, but it's not subtle.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
278 Posts
......I really like the color, but it's not subtle.
Yeah, that sums up the discussion. This car deserves to be unsubtle.
I love mine. Initially, I was looking for a caesium blue. Hadn't seen the blue in person, but it looked great in photos.
Was offered a photon red FE and love it. Personally, I was a little disappointed in caesium blue when I finally saw it on an E-Pace.
Bottomline is color is a personal decision - if you like the color go for it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Photon Red is the ultimate"attention getter". I have owned mine for 17 months and enjoy having on lookers taking pictures, asking questions, circling the car. and giving the "thumbs up" while driving the interstates. If you are a true introvert this would not be the color for you. As a bonus, you will always be able to find your car in a parking lot. My wife really enjoys this feature. PS : It is more orange ish than red, yet strangers both young & old have always referred it as, "Is that your red Jag?"

·
Registered
787 Posts
Heading to dealer to drive it tomorrow. They have a ultimate black HSE with 20s and the Photon Red with 20s. Leaning red...
I-Pace looking good in every color, but the Photon red is something special and no other car has it. Good Luck

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I-Pace looking good in every color, but the Photon red is something special and no other car has it. Good Luck
Thanks, I have to admit, I’m a little nervous! I have already sold my truck, do I have to get something fairly soon! Rentals are not cutting it! My goal is to bring it home tomorrow. I just hope I love it in person and it’s a no brained! Everything looks different live!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Thanks, I have to admit, I’m a little nervous! I have already sold my truck, do I have to get something fairly soon! Rentals are not cutting it! My goal is to bring it home tomorrow. I just hope I love it in person and it’s a no brained! Everything looks different live!
The car is so much better in person! I had seen photos and wasn't too impressed until I saw one live and then got to do a test drive. I knew right away that it was the car for me. Best of luck tomorrow!

·
Registered
603 Posts
Well, I showed up at the dealer today! Took me just a few minutes, then I said I’ll take it! 2019 Jaguar IPace FE in Photon Red! Thanks everyone!! I feel very confident in my decision and I’m loving the color!
Awesome and congratulations! Here's to years of happy motoring!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts