Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all. Happy Saturday!

I drove my I-Pace several days ago, and after I parked it in the garage, I set the wake up timer for today, Saturday 4/12/20.

I checked my In Control app today, and the last time it updated/connected was at 23:44 (11:44pm) on 4/11/20. I have no idea why the 4/12/20 wake up timer did not work.

I have logged out of my In Control app and back in. I cannot lock my car, wake up time cannot be set, Remote Climate is totally unavailable and app will not re-fresh or update....just keeps saying last updated 4/11/20, 23:44. Strangely, the map moves and shows current and correct location where my car is parked.

If you are not driving the car, and say you set a wake up timer, and the I-Pace wakes up (as it is supposed to, not like mine did not)....can you re-set a new wake up timer if you know you will not drive the car, or must the I-Pace be driven to set another/new wake up day? Can one keep setting a wake up timer over and over, without driving the I-Pace?

If you delete the In Control app from your iPhone and then re-install it from the apple app store....do you have to go thru all the steps as when the car was new (first pairing)?

This is the first time my wakeup timer did not work, and this is the first time my app has been totally dead like this. Bummer.

·
Premium Member
103 Posts
Hi all. Happy Saturday!

I drove my I-Pace several days ago, and after I parked it in the garage, I set the wake up timer for today, Saturday 4/12/20.

I checked my In Control app today, and the last time it updated/connected was at 23:44 (11:44pm) on 4/11/20. I have no idea why the 4/12/20 wake up timer did not work.

I have logged out of my In Control app and back in. I cannot lock my car, wake up time cannot be set, Remote Climate is totally unavailable and app will not re-fresh or update....just keeps saying last updated 4/11/20, 23:44. Strangely, the map moves and shows current and correct location where my car is parked.

If you are not driving the car, and say you set a wake up timer, and the I-Pace wakes up (as it is supposed to, not like mine did not)....can you re-set a new wake up timer if you know you will not drive the car, or must the I-Pace be driven to set another/new wake up day? Can one keep setting a wake up timer over and over, without driving the I-Pace?

This is the first time my wakeup timer did not work, and this is the first time my app has been totally dead like this. Bummer.
Sorry I cannot answer any of your questions (never have used a wake up timer). The only thing I do know is that today is Saturday 4/11/20 here in South Carolina & that some one in the forum will have all your answers.

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
Hi all. Happy Saturday!

If you delete the In Control app from your iPhone and then re-install it from the apple app store....do you have to go thru all the steps as when the car was new (first pairing)?

Something is definitely wrong as it is Saturday, 11 Apr 20 @2243 (CDT) right now...putting it at 2043 PDT.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will try driving it tomorrow for about 15 mins and see if it updates on the app. I have refreshed the In Control app 4-5 times now, and it keeps saying now: Last Updated at 3:15pm 4/11/20, but will not change the 3:15pm. I think the whole car going to deep sleep and wake up timer is needlessly complicated and silly. MY i3 never had this.
Thanks for the replies!!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I had a similar problem I deleted the app and reloaded it. Now its fine.
When I took delivery of my car, setting up the In Control app was NOT easy. My sales Rep. had it perfected on how to do it and go thru all the steps, but there were so many "accept" pages and holding the button in the car to pair with the app did not work right away.

If I hold down the app on my iPhone & delete the In Control app...do I need to re-download it again from the Apple app store? Will it be like setting up In Control all over again?! My dealer is closed and I won't have "help" if I lose my In Control app.

Thanks in advance!

·
Super Moderator
1,159 Posts
When I took delivery of my car, setting up the In Control app was NOT easy. My sales Rep. had it perfected on how to do it and go thru all the steps, but there were so many "accept" pages and holding the button in the car to pair with the app did not work right away.

If I hold down the app on my iPhone....do I need to re-download it again from the Apple app store? Will it be like setting up In Control all over again?! My dealer is closed and I won't have "help" if I lose my In Control app.

Thanks in advance!
The initial setup you are referring is linking the car to JLR servers. All that is required for your iOS app is signing in to your JLR account, you do not even need to be near your car.

Drive the car to ensure you have it has 'woke up' and has a chance to connect to the JLR servers (actually should not need to drive, simply start it). Log into your JLR InControl account on your PC and select the option 'All Devices Signout'. Then delete the iOS app and reinstall. Log back in on both the PC and the phone. No guarantee it will work, but it did for me on more than one occasion.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The initial setup you are referring is linking the car to JLR servers. All that is required for your iOS app is signing in to your JLR account, you do not even need to be near your car.

Drive the car to ensure you have it has 'woke up' and has a chance to connect to the JLR servers (actually should not need to drive, simply start it). Log into your JLR InControl account on your PC and select the option 'All Devices Signout'. Then delete the iOS app and reinstall. Log back in on both the PC and the phone. No guarantee it will work, but it did for me on more than one occasion.

Good Luck!
THANK YOU! I will do this today!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts