Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a lot of research on EVs and picked the IPace. Visited a dealership and they had one for $25k off MSRP. HSE model, black. Spent about 3 hours with it , drove it home/ highway and typical routes around town. Took wife and kids out for spin. Played with the Infotainment which is slightly laggy and cumbersome. In addition to the $25k off, they are doing a ceramic coating which they state is about $2k - free for this purchase.

Anything I should have the Dealership do/check before pulling off lot? I have not signed anything yet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just a heads up based on my experience, make sure they haven't already assigned this vehicle to someone else in the Jaguar In-control and make sure they haven't activated the 3 months free trial for the sim card. They had to go back to Jaguar to re-assign mine which they were using as a demo to car shows and they didn't even get the SIM card back in it. Make sure the browser will connect to the internet via the SIM card just to be sure.

Good luck, I love the car after a week driving it. Probably my favorite car ever and I loved my Panamera and 740i. Such a sleeper at the traffic light because nobody knows these cars yet.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
669 Posts
Make sure software is up-to-date. Infotainment at 20A level. TCU at least at 18.2. Have the dealer show you where the SOTA feature is. You'll be able to see these versions if they are up-to-date.

Make sure they've enabled SOTA in TOPIx.

Get a full battery state-of-health report. This is a report for all of the cells of the main drive battery not the 12V batteries.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure software is up-to-date. Infotainment at 20A level. TCU at least at 18.2. Have the dealer show you where the SOTA feature is. You'll be able to see these versions if they are up-to-date.

Make sure they've enabled SOTA in TOPIx.

Get a full battery state-of-health report. This is a report for all of the cells of the main drive battery not the 12V batteries.
Thank you!! Creating my list to have them do before leaving lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just a heads up based on my experience, make sure they haven't already assigned this vehicle to someone else in the Jaguar In-control and make sure they haven't activated the 3 months free trial for the sim card. They had to go back to Jaguar to re-assign mine which they were using as a demo to car shows and they didn't even get the SIM card back in it. Make sure the browser will connect to the internet via the SIM card just to be sure.

Good luck, I love the car after a week driving it. Probably my favorite car ever and I loved my Panamera and 740i. Such a sleeper at the traffic light because nobody knows these cars yet.

Thank you!

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
233 Posts

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Old news. Suspended in March but resumed distribution in May.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
33 Posts
Yes and make sure they haven’t “punched” in the warranty so you will get the full 5yr/60k mile warranty!

·
Registered
2019 HSE, Santorini Black, Light Oyster, HUD, Adaptive Dynamics.
11 Posts
I just got mine in Ohio. I made sure they did the full update campaign. I wanted the extra range. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you!! Creating my list to have them do before leaving lot.

Well, I picked it up, connected the car to two different wireless SSIDs mobile jetpack and home, yet browser doesn't seem to work. Everything appears Up to Date.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
re: Web browser issue. Are you stationary when trying? It only works when car is stationary.
Do the other apps work? Do you get weather data? CNN and Reuters news?

Under normal circumstances, I'd offer to meet up and compare cats to determine if there are differences that could explain if something isn't enabled or not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
re: Web browser issue. Are you stationary when trying? It only works when car is stationary.
Do the other apps work? Do you get weather data? CNN and Reuters news?

Under normal circumstances, I'd offer to meet up and compare cats to determine if there are differences that could explain if something isn't enabled or not.
No weather or browser and yes, I’m in Park/Stationary. I can check for updates and states nothing available, last update was just a few days ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Did you ever get the issue fixed? I had a similar problem but my issue was the data for that sim card was not enabled, all i had to do was enable the data for the sim and traffic started working.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No. I purposely disabled the SIM to use my verizon jet pack instead. They told me it was possible.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts