·
Registered
138 Posts
Regen all the way back to sea level?

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Charging is working fine, the EA chargers are nicely spaced. Here in Bishop we're staying at the Super8, a quality establishment, which I picked because right across the street is a free CalTrans charger. It's nominally 100kW but it only gives the I-Pace 45 kW. So it's not great when you're on the road but at a hotel it's perfect.

The panorama without the car was taken from the top of Mazourka Peak, at almost 10,000 feet, 6000 feet above the valley floor. Going up cost dearly of course, but coming down we went from 32% SoC to 40% SoC (despite the rough dirt).

·
Registered
694 Posts
Rivian is suppose to install DC fast chargers in these type of remote areas. However, they are limiting them to only Rivian vehicles, which i think is crappy.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
628 Posts
Rivian is suppose to install DC fast chargers in these type of remote areas. However, they are limiting them to only Rivian vehicles, which i think is crappy.
You have to build and sell the vehicles before it makes sense to build a propriety charging network. Some poor marketing exec trying to copy Tesla. What do they teach in business school these days?

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
109 Posts
This is so cool! What gorgeous scenery!
What wheels and tires are you running?
I have use my car to pull my friends Mercedes Sprinter out of the mud recently and that the other day pulled a tree stump out!
Both time used the front toe accessory.

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Please tell us you got video of this!!!

This is right up there with the photo in Amsterdam, where the i-pace took on the felled tree. LOL
Haha, yes I do!

How do you get stuck in the one patch of snow in the photo? You need a superhero emblem on the car.
Deep heavy snow can high-center anyone. However, in this case, it didn't help that the driver of the truck didn't know how to put it into 4-wheel low. He pulled out the manual after I extracted the trailer. "Ah I didn't realize you had to put it in neutral." After that he freed himself. They did turn around.

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
This is so cool! What gorgeous scenery!
What wheels and tires are you running?
I have use my car to pull my friends Mercedes Sprinter out of the mud recently and that the other day pulled a tree stump out!
Both time used the front toe accessory.
Haha I love the tree work! Wow a Sprinter, that's a big one.
These are aftermarket 18" wheels that look a little better than the standard 18" wheels. The tires are just the oem Pirelli. I contemplated putting somewhat more aggressive tires on but decided against it for now because it would surely increase noise and decrease range.

·
Registered
2020 iPace SE
109 Posts
Haha I love the tree work! Wow a Sprinter, that's a big one.
These are aftermarket 18" wheels that look a little better than the standard 18" wheels. The tires are just the oem Pirelli. I contemplated putting somewhat more aggressive tires on but decided against it for now because it would surely increase noise and decrease range.
Awesome! Thank you for sharing! Like you I’m thinking about a more aggressive tire / wheel setup wheel especially for some soft off-roading and winter driving. Your wheels do look great! What is the brand?

·
Super Moderator
2,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wheels are Drag DR-34
Pretty inexpensive but they're not the best material as evidenced by a curb scuff I inflicted on one.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I don't understand why anyone would vacation away from water...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts