Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Cats,

My car's alarm frequently triggers while the vehicle is charging which then interrupts the charging itself. Sometimes the car is able to resume charging by itself after the alarm is triggered but often I have to re-initiate the charge manually. This is incredibly annoying, especially when I am at work if I happen to miss the notification and the car cant resume charging itself and 2 hours goes by... also making multiple trips to the car re: the charger in the same day is infuriating.

This issue with the alarm happens when plugged in during the day on a L2 charger and at home at night when plugged into the wall using the factory-super-slow wall plug (both times it happened at 4:00 am!!!). I have been very careful with the plug, ensuring there is sufficient 'slack' but I am really stumped at this point. I thought it might be related to bugs or flies that got trapped, but it wasn't that either. The car is fine if unplugged and locked/armed.

The pinnacle was this Friday where it happened three times in 1.5 hours. I am not sure what is triggering the alarm. how do I troubleshoot this?

I have also had issues with the L2 charger I use at work showing the car is "fully charged" prematurely and ending the charging session well before the battery is full. If I go back and initiate a new session, it will then charge. The charger at work is a "FLO" brand on their network.

Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,325 Posts
If you have WattCat (Android app) you can look at "alerts" and see the alert that identifies the source of the alarm. This information is available after the event, too. I don't know if the Jaguar Remote app will show you such information while the alarm is occurring in the "security" section. That information would identify where to look for the source of the problem.

I'll assume your vehicle had the recall done for the bonnet latch and cable by now. A long shot is that it could be that heat from the charging session is causing a problem with the "bonnet open" switch in the latch. It might be triggering a false "bonnet being opened" even while in the alarm state.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wow thanks for your response.

I am not sure if that recall has been done on my car. Does Jaguar have a way to run the VIN to determine the status recalls and such by VIN?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Incidentally it is charging completely fine today with no issues at all.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
wow thanks for your response.

I am not sure if that recall has been done on my car. Does Jaguar have a way to run the VIN to determine the status recalls and such by VIN?
Yes you can call a service advisor and ask them if there are any outstanding recalls for your car.
You can also get a free login created at Home | TOPIx and query for car having outstanding campaigns.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Incidentally it is charging completely fine today with no issues at all.
Just so I get tthis straight, the car alarm is going off and that is interrupting the caring? If so, then the issue is with the car alarm (some sensor gone bad) as opposed to a charging issue which os more of a side effect of the primary issue?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you have WattCat (Android app) you can look at "alerts" and see the alert that identifies the source of the alarm. This information is available after the event, too. I don't know if the Jaguar Remote app will show you such information while the alarm is occurring in the "security" section. That information would identify where to look for the source of the problem.

I'll assume your vehicle had the recall done for the bonnet latch and cable by now. A long shot is that it could be that heat from the charging session is causing a problem with the "bonnet open" switch in the latch. It might be triggering a false "bonnet being opened" even while in the alarm state.
Bingo! Well, this looks to be the likely culprit. I confirmed the recall has been done on my car but I am going in Tuesday for them to have a look (ie. replace it again). I thought the body gap looked a little off to begin with. Kudos to you, your input is extremely valuable and 90% of the time is right.

As a temporary workaround they suggested charging the car on "single lock" mode.

Thank you Ayepace.

·
Premium Member
1,325 Posts
You're welcome.

"...and 90% of the time is right." as evidenced by "...a false "bonnet being opened" even while in the alarm state." should have had the word "event" instead of "even". I will endeavor to do better. :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You're welcome.

"...and 90% of the time is right." as evidenced by "...a false "bonnet being opened" even while in the alarm state." should have had the word "event" instead of "even". I will endeavor to do better. :)
no! that is not at all what I meant!!!

proper: you are the boss. thanks for being the boss because this helps cut through the bullshit and cut to the chase with the service techs. Kudos to you because you are responsive to people and you are more or less right 90% of the time. Thank you and much respect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts