Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I live in Belgium and my smartphone is an Android (Samsung S8). For some reason, it is not possible to install Android Auto with Google Play Store. The app is not there. I downloaded the apk and installed the app manually and it works fine on the phone. But it does not work with the car. I have a message saying that I should unplug the cable or restart the phone each time I try. I contacted the garage and they said that I should make sure that it the latest version of the app. I believe it is. Anybody knows a way around this or had a similar problem? Maybe there is another good app for the same job? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Jod,

Get a better cable...
I had the same problem, bought a fancy cable online, solved.

I also had to do the same side-loading for Android Auto, for some reason Google does not make it available in all countries. The only annoying thing is you don't get automatic updates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jod,

Get a better cable...
I had the same problem, bought a fancy cable online, solved.

I also had to do the same side-loading for Android Auto, for some reason Google does not make it available in all countries. The only annoying thing is you don't get automatic updates.
Can you be more specific concerning the cable? I have just tried different cables and none worked. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
Check that permissions are set to ALLOW as needed in order to share information between the phone and the car.
The cable needs to be able to communicate data and not just be a charging cable (you probably know this).
A cable that is USB 3 capable at the car's end is better than USB 2, but either should work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
There is no special requirement for the cable... I first took a cable I had lying around, which worked for charging - but I did not manage to make a connection. With a second cable it seemed to do something, but did not show up in the car.
So I went out and bought a 20 euro, short cable and with that it worked.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In case anybody has the same problem, I want to let you know that the problem was in the system they installed on my car. They did not install the option for Android Auto. Now I have to go back to the garage when I have an appointment and they will install it.

·
Registered
222 Posts
In case anybody has the same problem, I want to let you know that the problem was in the system they installed on my car. They did not install the option for Android Auto. Now I have to go back to the garage when I have an appointment and they will install it.
Bizarre that it's something that is 'installable' separately vs coming with the Touch Pro Duo software as a whole? Sometimes I wonder if dealers make stuff up. Anyway glad it's something easily rfixable. I found that Android Auto sometimes crashes the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bizarre that it's something that is 'installable' separately vs coming with the Touch Pro Duo software as a whole? Sometimes I wonder if dealers make stuff up. Anyway glad it's something easily rfixable. I found that Android Auto sometimes crashes the system.
There must be some truth because I did not have the icon for 'Android Auto' on the screen of the car while I had the 'Apple Car' icon. After the update, I had the icon and now it works fine. One thing to mention : I did not have to go to the garage. They made the update available to me and I downloaded it from my home.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
121 Posts
When Jag initially rolled out android auto/apple carplay support, it required the activation of what they called a "smartphone pack." At first it wasn't even clear if JLR was going to do it for free, or if they were going to charge. Some dealership did. I imagine the architecture hasn't changed that much, and the smartphone pack still exists, but is simply enabled by default.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts