Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the cat went to the vet for 21,000 mile service, I checked the distance to service in WattCat display.
It shows 19884 miles. We know it should be 21000 miles. It was obviously reset at the service because it was down to a low number before service (even though I was a few miles past 21,000).

I retrieve the parameters via https://ipace.herokuapp.com/static/param.html

I shows EXT_KILOMETERS_TO_SERVICE of 32000.

Now if you do the math,
21,000 miles = 33796 km.
33769 km - 32000 km = 1796 km = 1116 miles
21,000 - 1116 = 19884 miles.

I thought I'd mention it in case any of you wonder if your service interval gets reset correctly.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I would not trust too much the value 32000 for EXT_KILOMETERS_TO_SERVICE. Sometimes, I see this value as well. It looks like more a bug in the API, just like, sometimes you see crazy values for tire pressure. API issue.
I would wait a day or two, and continue to monitor this value. It will get back to normal, at some point... :)
Black magic from JLR

·
Registered
253 Posts
My observation on this value, however, is that I don't understand how it is calculated. It seems easy to say :Next maintenance in 24000km, and you driove 1000km, so next maintenance should be in 23000km. But it does not work like that. My impression is that it is a blend of distance and time. The maintenance is 24000km or 2 years, and in my case, the 2 years comes first, and I saw, in recents weeks that the distance to maintenance was going down by 5 or 6 hundreds km per week, even if I was only driving 50km.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
905 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All other parameter values are valid and current. I've seen the weird values like you mention and those events have always shown multiple unreasonable values.

In this case, I'm thinking that the car is reporting the correct value to the API servers, but they are not prepared for storing values > 32000 km. WattCat is merely reporting 32000km converted t 19884 miles.

My expectation is that it will show reasonable values once I drive far enough to truly have 32000 km/19884 miles or less to go, along with the time value factored in.

I'm not expecting time to be factored in for mine. I drive it too much. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts