Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

Already in production?

7K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  I-Sprint 
#1 ·
We're still waiting for the I-Pace's final reveal and Motor Authority says Jagaur is already producing them at Magna Steyr's plant in Austria! We'll see the first few in European showrooms before they'll go on sale in the States in the second half of 2018.

Maybe they're stockpiling the I-Pace in various configurations so buyers won't have to wait to long to get theirs.

#4 ·
I'd spec it to be everything I'd hope for in an EV unless dealerships have what I want in stock. The I-Pace is by no means cheap and I plan to own one for years to come, may as well get the dream package.

From what I usually see, the first few batches are usually fully loaded to appeal to more buyers.

#5 ·
Either fully loaded or base I would think. There are a lot of people who hate waiting though and those will be the ones to scoop up the ones on the dealership lots ASAP. I'm sure depending on how the allotments are set out, we'll have people going to different states to pick them up and bring them back.

#6 ·
No surprise there as Bolt buyers were going across state lines to grab one. The same situation could be seen with the I-Pace depending on roll-out times and supply.

I usually see the higher spec models make it to dealerships before the base models do, at least for higher end brands like Jaguar.

#7 ·
The wise ones will be those that don't jump in right away. Its the first time JLR is creating such a product and people like me are still skeptical. Chevy on the other hand already released the Volt about 8+ years ago, so confidence in the Bolt is that much higher. Anyone who plunges right into this is brave!

#11 ·
It'll be dependent on reviews as well and how long I can hold out. :D Sure, waiting for and production problems to be fixed is a better option in my mind, but when people start taking their I-Pace on road trips and posting those trip reports here, I may cave.

#13 ·
depending on what initial production numbers will be like you guys might change your whole tone about when you want to buy, with all the hype around the I-Pace, you might have to either buy in right away or wait a while later for the second round of allocations.

#14 ·
That's a guarantee. We'll definitely be seeing both groups of consumers on these boards though. The ones that shoot early and the ones that wanted to but just didn't get there in time. All we can really hope for is some good turn around time from placing the build and getting it in hands.

#18 ·
The Frankfurt auto show is huge, even if the I-Pace doesn't debut there it'll most likely appear anyways. Guess Jaguar really is stockpiling some I-Paces for the release next year, or they could be fine tuning the production process which means a better quality car for us.

#19 ·
the first few to be produced could be labeled as prototypes for additional testing before the real production models meant for sale starts rolling off the line. Heard Jaguar went through a lot of E-Pace test mules so the same could apply to the I-Pace as well, maybe even more since it's Jaguar's first all electric vehicle.

#21 ·
Yup, there's also the actual production process they need to perfect. In case that one paint sprayer decides to coat and area heavier or the welder isn't working properly. But then I think about all those test cars that are destined for the scrap heap and it makes me just the tinniest bit sad. The I-Pace is a beautiful vehicle and it seems like such a waste.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.