Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saw this a couple of weeks ago and knew I needed one. I won't buy one while I am constantly traveling for work, but when I retire and move back into my home in about 4 years.....YES PLEASE!

Tom Moloughney's Beta Review.

United Charger's CEO unveiling if unit.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
32 Posts
Thanks for sharing this, I hadn't seen this model before. My Juice Box Pro 40 has nearly all of these features, with exception of the touchscreen. The Alpha definitely looks cooler with the LCD touchscreen, though.

A key differentiator for the Juice Box is the ability to split load between multiple chargers on the same circuit, which will be important as more multi-EV households come online. I guess there's nothing preventing Alpha from introducing this feature with an update.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
587 Posts
Saw this a couple of weeks ago and knew I needed one....
What is so special about THIS charger? I appreciate you sharing the link, but having watched it you could enlighten us as to what is so different. What can I not do with my ChargePoint thru the app rather than this touchscreen?

·
Registered
986 Posts
I'm with QTown, I don't see what's special about this charger. My ChargePoint Flex offers essentially the same functionality and doesn't look so big & hulking. What am I missing?

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
32 Posts
I think the ability to adjust settings directly on the unit offers some benefit although I'd be nervous about the durability of the screen. It looks to be Android based, so maybe you can sideload Netflix and watch while you charge.

Edit: If it has HDMI, I'm totally in.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is so special about THIS charger?
I'm with QTown...What am I missing?
I am new to EVs, never have owned one until last month. Currently don't own an EVSE, and won't have one until I am out the military and back in my own home because of the constant moving.

That being said. I like the look of it. As you mentioned, it has all the functionalities that your EVSEs have, but I like the packaging. And the pricepoint is pretty close to what your chargepoints, electrify America's, or other home chargers are.

If this thing lives up to what it is promising, I just prefer the look. If not, then I will look elsewhere.
Plus from now until it is time for me to invest in one for my own home, who knows what will be on the market.

But for me, today, this is the one I am liking. That's it, nothing newsbreaking, noteworthy, or life changing. Purely aesthetics.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts