Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like many of you, I haven’t traveled much in the last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I finally took a trip over the weekend, and I drove the I-Pace down to the airport for the first time. I parked in the garage at the airport in the designated EV parking area. Not only did I get front row parking, but I had access to free Level I and Level II chargers. It was so nice arrive to a car that was fully charged and pre-conditioned!

i know this is probably old news to many here, but I loved the experience. It was nice to see my I-Pace parked in the EV area among all the Teslas.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Like many of you, I haven’t traveled much in the last year because of the COVID-19 pandemic. I finally took a trip over the weekend, and I drove the I-Pace down to the airport for the first time. I parked in the garage at the airport in the designated EV parking area. Not only did I get front row parking, but I had access to free Level I and Level II chargers. It was so nice arrive to a car that was fully charged and pre-conditioned!

i know this is probably old news to many here, but I loved the experience. It was nice to see my I-Pace parked in the EV area among all the Teslas.
As someone who's car used to spend as much time at the airport parking as at home, I miss it.

Just an etiquette question: While I don't see an issue about parking at a 120v spot and using a charger for a multi-day trip, what is the etiquette on a 1 week trip and parking at a level 2 charger? I think airport parking lots (at least the daily lots as opposed to the short term pickup lots) should have more level 1 chargers instead of level 2s? Not many do 24hr trips and I'd feel funny leaving my car charged and typing up a level 2 spot for multiple days.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s a good question. I parked at a Level I charger because I knew I’d be gone for a few days and it would be adequate for my needs.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Pearson Intl has free level 2 charging for short term when picking someone up. Parkings not free though. There's also charging at what they call the mobile phone lot when you're waiting in your car. Enjoy the perks - won't last forever as more EVs come out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Pearson Intl has free level 2 charging for short term when picking someone up. Parkings not free though. There's also charging at what they call the mobile phone lot when you're waiting in your car. Enjoy the perks - won't last forever as more EVs come out.
Just Uber to the airport. Less hassle and you and deduct the expense.

·
Premium Member
2020 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I live 52 miles from the airport, and Uber is a rarity in my neighborhood. It's not a practical solution.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts