Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody! Last month my rear passenger air deflector came off during a road trip in a rainstorm. Was wondering if this has happened to anybody recently and if the service bulletin is still in place. If so, do I just call up the service center and request a replacement with the bold addition and if not is this the correct part? Genuine OEM Deflector Part# T4K9897 Fits 2019-2020 Jaguar I-Pace: Up To 35% Off On Every Order And Guaranteed Fit When You Enter Your VIN | Jaguar Cary Parts
Here is the sheared Air Deflector
Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,522 Posts
BTW, your deflector hasn't fully come off. It pivoted on the inner retainer, partially rubbed off and is now pointing towards the back of the car. It can be seen at the bottom of the posted picture.

This is typical of the problem. I had one come loose as yours and got it replaced. The replacement came loose but I caught it in time and installed my own outer retainer. You can find this posted in another thread. Jaguar posted the initial repair TSB after that second incident. I have not had any further issues with the deflector.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
BTW, your deflector hasn't fully come off. It pivoted on the inner retainer, partially rubbed off and is now pointing towards the back of the car. It can be seen at the bottom of the posted picture.

This is typical of the problem. I had one come loose as yours and got it replaced. The replacement came loose but I caught it in time and installed my own outer retainer. You can find this posted in another thread. Jaguar posted the initial repair TSB after that second incident. I have not had any further issues with the deflector.
Oh wow good eye I didn’t notice that! Left a message for my local service center and I’ll see what they get back with. Thank you so much!

·
Registered
229 Posts
I seem to constantly lose the driver’s side one and have had it replaced or refastened three times. I think the car wash is blasting it off on my car.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey everybody! Last month my rear passenger air deflector came off during a road trip in a rainstorm. Was wondering if this has happened to anybody recently and if the service bulletin is still in place. If so, do I just call up the service center and request a replacement with the bold addition and if not is this the correct part? Genuine OEM Deflector Part# T4K9897 Fits 2019-2020 Jaguar I-Pace: Up To 35% Off On Every Order And Guaranteed Fit When You Enter Your VIN | Jaguar Cary Parts
Here is the sheared Air Deflector
View attachment 6138
This is apparently a common defect - both of mine became partially detached. Jaguar has a service bulletin out about how to replace these with more permanent fasteners, but not all of their service advisors are aware of this. I had both of mine replaced under warranty, didn't take very long.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts