Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, this a really common issue here in Florida. It's generally a little plug of goo (algae?) blocking the drain under the car. I've cleared this on numerous cars over the years so when my wife reported a couple of drops on her foot when aggressively braking or turning during a longer trip on an especially hot day this week, I didn't think much of it and assumed it would be an easy fix.

The problem is that I couldn't find the a/c drain under the car. Does anyone have any pointers on this?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I know my I-Pace primarily drips in front of the right rear wheel well. That is a certain. However, there are probably other outlets that I have never noticed, but at least you can check this area. Some one else will probably have better information. Good luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
My HVAC system has a bad smell, when I am not running the AC, and I notice I have no water dripping under the car when the AC is running. I suspect, I also am headed for the water in the floorboard .

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know my I-Pace primarily drips in front of the right rear wheel well. That is a certain. However, there are probably other outlets that I have never noticed, but at least you can check this area. Some one else will probably have better information. Good luck!
Thanks. I was looking towards the front of the car so perhaps that was my problem.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My HVAC system has a bad smell, when I am not running the AC, and I notice I have no water dripping under the car when the AC is running. I suspect, I also am headed for the water in the floorboard .
This stuff works well if you catch the funky smell early enough:

I use it whenever I change the cabin filter (which I do every other year) and it does a good job even down here in Florida.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Based on this post, I'm not the only one who has looked under the belly pan and been unable to find the AC drain:

Some have reported that the condensate puddle under the car has been toward the rear, but based on a diagram of the drain hose ... Discharge Hose - Jaguar (J9D1139) ... it appears that the drain is actually towards the front like you'd expect. See number 11 below.

I assume that the multiple reports of puddling towards the rear of the car that I've seen are a result of condensate discharge traveling along the belly pan and the traction battery assembly unless there is another line that I'm not finding on a parts search.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
I am on I-Pace #2 and I have never, ever seen a drop of water dripping anywhere from the car when the A/C is running. Even after using remote climate for almost 30 mins....not a drop. Every other car we have had and we currently have (including two other EVs) when using the A/C whilst parked....you can see the water under the car. WHERE does it go in the I-Pace? I do not like this!

·
Registered
2019 S with S21A and 16.2
99 Posts
I find the usual puddle of water in the usual spot for most cars (on the ground below the front passenger’s feet).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here is what the doc says:

"The evaporator is located in the climate control assembly between the blower and the heater core to absorb heat from the exterior or recirculated air. Low Pressure (LP), low temperature refrigerant changes from liquid to vapor in the evaporator, absorbing large quantities of heat as it changes state.
Most of the moisture in the air passing through the evaporator condenses into water. The water drains out of the vehicle by passing through a drain tube to the underside of the vehicle."

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
750 Posts
Here is what the doc says:

"The evaporator is located in the climate control assembly between the blower and the heater core to absorb heat from the exterior or recirculated air. Low Pressure (LP), low temperature refrigerant changes from liquid to vapor in the evaporator, absorbing large quantities of heat as it changes state.
Most of the moisture in the air passing through the evaporator condenses into water. The water drains out of the vehicle by passing through a drain tube to the underside of the vehicle."

View attachment 5840

View attachment 5841
Two I-Paces....and never a single drop under the car; in the garage parked and in parking lots using a lot of remote climate!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
As opposed to every other car that I've owed with AC, it appears from the second picture that dernotte posted the drain hoses on the I Pace do not simply dump the water on the ground. I'll take anther look when I have time to remove the belly pan again to try and determine what's going on.

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
Two I-Paces....and never a single drop under the car; in the garage parked and in parking lots using a lot of remote climate!
Maybe due to your extreme fan speeds and noise which is associated, the condensation is being blown out the back of your car. Have you ever noticed that you leave a contrail while driving on the interstate?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts