Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
What have you added to the IPACE in aftermarket upgrades? I have been looking online and do not see very many upgrades for the IPACE.

Not likely to be much aftermarket stuff for an I-Pace specific application given the low volume sales.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Are you the person with the YouTube channel?

I haven't seen anything useful upgrades beyong roof and bike racks.
Jaguar does offer the carbon fiber accents for the grill and mirrors that you can purchase separately
I've also seen the aluminum pedals

All I got was this license plate Frame

Attachments

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I'd like... umm... A way to keep the car lifted despite the speed. And... a bigger subwoofer.

The suspension is air, so not much you can do there other than software. The brakes are more than adequate for real world driving. Not sure what else can be done, other than maybe a body kit on an otherwise pretty car.

Oh! I also would like 18" wheels to replace these 20s.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want 20 inch wheels. Where are you at. We could trade your 20 for my 18’s. I have powder coated black rims. The dealer did them for me.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I'd like... umm... A way to keep the car lifted despite the speed.
The air suspension is based on the same components used on Landrover & Range Rover vehicles.

The suspension is connected to chassis mounted height sensors via linkage rods. You can see the front linkages over the top of the front tires where the fender liner is trimmed around the upper suspension arms.

There are several aftermarket makers of alternate length rods ( shorter or longer ) to trick the car into raising or lowering the vehicles standard height settings.

see Link LR3 Lift Kit, LR4 Lift Kit, Johnson Rods

There are expensive OBD interfaces too.

Some people have 3D printed their own rods and fitted suitable O rings at each end.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I want 20 inch wheels. Where are you at. We could trade your 20 for my 18’s. I have powder coated black rims. The dealer did them for me.
No thanks. I want an extra set.

The air suspension is based on the same components used on Landrover & Range Rover vehicles.

The suspension is connected to chassis mounted height sensors via linkage rods. You can see the front linkages over the top of the front tires where the fender liner is trimmed around the upper suspension arms.

There are several aftermarket makers of alternate length rods ( shorter or longer ) to trick the car into raising or lowering the vehicles standard height settings.

see Link LR3 Lift Kit, LR4 Lift Kit, Johnson Rods

There are expensive OBD interfaces too.

Some people have 3D printed their own rods and fitted suitable O rings at each end.

Cheers
Thanks. I don't want to change the rods because I don't want to lose the full range of adjustment. They could probably be replaced with some pvc and a drill bit. At least they could on the Ram. I just want full manual control, or the ability to increase the drop speed to 70 or so. That plus autorising under 30 would be a great combo.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
850 Posts
Weathertech floor mats. Greater coverage than Jaguar floor mats. Thinner material than Jaguar rubber mats but still very durable. The cargo space mat may not be suitable if you have the rails with movable tie-down anchors. Jaguar load space rubber mat can be trimmed to fit between the rails.

Cravenspeed front license plate holder. Fits into front tow hook location. Prevents the need to screw into the front bumper as one would have to do if following the directions for the Jaguar front plate mount.

Rear license plate lower screw mounting pieces to securely fasten the rear plate and its aftermarket frame.

·
Registered
692 Posts
What are OBD interfaces
On Board Diagnostics II. There's a port under your dash where the service department, or you, can plug a diagnostics tool to read fault codes. The wiring from the OBD II port connects to the engine control module (ECM) also called the engine control unit (ECU). You can also plug in a tool to change engine mapping.

·
Registered
899 Posts

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I also have the Weathertech LampGards on the headlights.

I have had these on previous cars. They protect the lenses from rock impacts and slow down the yellowing of plastic lenses. It took about 15 years on one of my cars before its lights yellowed to the point of needing replacement.

In the case of the I-pace, it is cheap protection for $2000 range replacement headlights.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I forgot to mention in my earlier post that I also have the Weathertech LampGards on the headlights.

I have had these on previous cars. They protect the lenses from rock impacts and slow down the yellowing of plastic lenses. It took about 15 years on one of my cars before its lights yellowed to the point of needing replacement.

In the case of the I-pace, it is cheap protection for $2000 range replacement headlights.
Are these designed specifically to fit specific cars (like other Weathertech products)? Amazon or elsewhere?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Are these designed specifically to fit specific cars (like other Weathertech products)? Amazon or elsewhere?
The Weathertech LampGard product is specific to the individual vehicle. Pre-cut to exact shape required for its headlights. You mix up a blend of denatured alcohol and distilled water, spray/pour on the light and piece, position the piece, and use the supplied squeegee to squeeze out the alcohol-water and fix the piece to the light. I got an small, inexpensive spray bottle to put the mixture in. It really helps to use that method. A small hair dryer is useful to warm the light and the product to make it more flexible for application.

After applying, you will still have small areas of cloudiness or small bubbles. Don't fret about them and try to rub them out with the squeegee. They will disappear after a few days to a few weeks. The more time spent parked in sunlight, the shorter the time period will be.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts