Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
2,273 Posts
It is wiping too far. The wiper arm needs to be removed and reinstalled so that the resting position is lower.

I measured my left wiper. The end of the blade is about 1 inch from the bottom of the windshield at rest. If yours is higher than that, it would explain why the blade is moving too far.

My 2019 does not have that rubber piece around the glass. It is the original glass from factory installation. Someone with a 2022 car will need to confirm if this is change or if this is something with aftermarket replacement glass.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Open the hood, remove (pull off) the cap from the wiper arm nut, remove the 15mm nut, remove the arm, reposition it and push it back on, install the nut to 25Nm (18 ft-lbs), install the cap on the nut and close the hood. Test by activating the washer.

Removing the arm may require use of a puller tool. Sometimes they can just lift off and sometimes you just need to firmly grasp it and rock it back and forth. Under no circumstances do you want to try to pry it off by any method that would press on the windshield. You might be able to rent/borrow an arm puller from a part store if necessary.

I also suggest putting a piece of tape on the windshield at the position where the wiper should be when properly installed. This will help you position the arm properly when installing it.

While there check the position of the right arm. My blade tip is about 1.25-1.5 inches from the base of the glass.

Edit to add: be mindful of the washer tubing attached to the wiper arm because you don't want to damage it.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Try it. Stop if the wiper arm doesn't come off by hand pulling up/rocking and put the nut and its cap back on. Take to the dealer if you wish you had a puller tool (like me :) ).

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Go to advanceautoparts.com and search for lisle 54150 to see the type of tool you need.

I don't have this particular tool. I have a more extensive set of pullers that fit a variety of arms.

It may help to put a few drops of penatrating oil between wiper and stud after removing the nut.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Winter wiper park only parks them up higher so you can pull them away from the glass for scraping and the arms won't hit the hood chipping the paint. One should you use this setting for cleaning purposes too, or be careful about potential hood contact.

· Premium Member
2,273 Posts
Slam, set it to winter park and then give the windshield a quick wash pulse. It will park higher.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts