Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone
Saw a thread discussing the air suspension lowering on the I-PACE. So I started a little research and found this. Anyone think this will or won't work? I am planning to take one for the team to see.

It would replace the position sensor (yellow) in the 2nd picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
You may want to research how the IPace Etrophy race cars set up their suspension.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
What a rip off. These are not load bearing parts, just sensor attachments. A properly sized piece of plastic with holes will work. Going too high or too low will compromise the suspension, so fiddler beware.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Working on this at a very reputable local shop, hope to have more to share next week.

Anywho, in case I disappear or something, here is some good info for anyone interested in this area. To lower the car you need shorter links in the front and rear but I need to confirm this. Adjustable links for other Range Rovers are too long so something unique is needed.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Working on this at a very reputable local shop, hope to have more to share next week.

Anywho, in case I disappear or something, here is some good info for anyone interested in this area. To lower the car you need shorter links in the front and rear but I need to confirm this. Adjustable links for other Range Rovers are too long so something unique is needed.

View attachment 5261 View attachment 5262

View attachment 5263
I would love to see how this works out. If it was a tad bit lower, it would look sportier and handle even better.
Let us know how it goes

Reactions: dcdrive

·
Registered
231 Posts
I suspect there is a software hack to lower our iPace. I lowered my long departed 2001 Audi allroad by tricking the air suspension leveling system into believing the car was riding too high. The hack ended up lowering the allroad about 0.75 inches. 3rd party VAG software was required. iPace would be harder, because I don’t think 3rd party software exists.

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
173 Posts
I suspect there is a software hack to lower our iPace. I lowered my long departed 2001 Audi allroad by tricking the air suspension leveling system into believing the car was riding too high. The hack ended up lowering the allroad about 0.75 inches. 3rd party VAG software was required. iPace would be harder, because I don’t think 3rd party software exists.
Correct, no such software exists. There is an active thread over on the UK forums right now where they are doing some Canbus hacking, and I've gotten my fingers crossed that something useful may come out of that.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Lengthening or shortening the arms is an easy way to control the sensor. It's just not adjustable.

·
Registered
2019 I-PACE
22 Posts
Nice. Can it still rise though? If so, how high?

And once rise at thte top, does it come back to the lower height after a certain speed or time?

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
So I did it. I'll provide detail tomorrow when the sun is back up and I can do some comparison photos, and other info for anyone interested. Here are a couple quick photos. 😀

This is set to normal height (access height doesn't work anymore).
Looks awesome

How's the ride quality? In access mode, it's very rough

1 - 13 of 13 Posts