Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I like my black gloss interior (although I would have preferred wood or even aluminum), I found the panel above the passenger glove box to look a little plain and "bare". I ordered thin, metal lettering online and installed it today.

I think it looks classic, simple and recalls Jag interiors of the past. Happy Friday everyone!

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts
I like my black gloss interior (although I would have preferred wood or even aluminum), I found the panel above the passenger glove box to look a little plain and "bare". I ordered thin, metal lettering online and installed it today.

I think it looks classic, simple and recalls Jag interiors of the past. Happy Friday everyone!
Looks fantastic, almost like the ones on the door

Reactions: Deutsch100

·
Registered
35 Posts
I like it! I very well may do this as well. Like you, I think the gloss panel is just a bit stark looking, so this may be just the thing. Thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Jaguar lettering I used above the glove box came with a small Jaguar leaper. I felt bad throwing it away, so I added it to the center of the inside (between front seats). It is not really seen that much, very discreet, but it adds a little silver to my all black interior!

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Jaguar lettering I used above the glove box came with a small Jaguar leaper. I felt bad throwing it away, so I added it to the center of the inside (between front seats). It is not really seen that much, very discreet, but it adds a little silver to my all black interior!
Thank you for the idea, I think I ordered the same thing. My decal came today, the leaper is attached to the JAGUAR decal, looks like on decal.
I am assuming you just used scissors to cut the leaper from the letters?
any install tips before I muck it up?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the idea, I think I ordered the same thing. My decal came today, the leaper is attached to the JAGUAR decal, looks like on decal.
I am assuming you just used scissors to cut the leaper from the letters?
any install tips before I muck it up?
Thanks
Great!! Yes, I used scissors to cut the leaper away from the letters. Before you apply the lettering or the Jag leaper, lay the emblems on a table or hard surface and really rub over them over the clear film and kind of warm them up.

When you gently pull the clear film off the backing, the lettering and/or the leaper should come with the clear film. If not, reattach/push back down clear film and rub them over the film.

The leaper, I actually had to manually lift a corner (I used a blade) to get it off the backing and onto the film.

Did this help, or confuse the f*ck out of you? LOL

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thank you-
I actually find the tips useful
I appreciate your help and suggestions
I'll try to apply tomorrow-
If I don't screw it up I'll post photo's

·
Registered
135 Posts
After I bought the lettering, I realized that my car already has it inscribed in that location. Will have to find a different spot for it - any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After I bought the lettering, I realized that my car already has it inscribed in that location. Will have to find a different spot for it - any suggestions?
Your car already says Jaguar there? Do you have a 2019 or 2020? I test drove several I-Pace (S, SE and HSE) and none had lettering on the space above the glove box!
Can you take a pic? So curious. Cannot find anything online to see! Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
Your car already says Jaguar there? Do you have a 2019 or 2020? I test drove several I-Pace (S, SE and HSE) and none had lettering on the space above the glove box!
Can you take a pic? So curious. Cannot find anything online to see! Thanks.
In the lower right corner of that space It says ‘First Edition’ if you have a First Edition. It may say Jaguar above that, I don’t remember for sure. The lettering is smaller than what you have.

·
Registered
135 Posts
In the lower right corner of that space It says ‘First Edition’ if you have a First Edition. It may say Jaguar above that, I don’t remember for sure. The lettering is smaller than what you have.

Correct, It's a First Edition.

My first time uploading a picture. Hope it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
963 Posts

Looks lovely
It's the perfect color combo.

Please post picture of the entire car in a separate thread

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
522 Posts

Yea that's what the FE's have. Classy. Sometimes less is more.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks lovely
It's the perfect color combo.

Please post picture of the entire car in a separate thread

Thank you. Will do in a week. It's been snowing and suppose to snow again in a day, so need to wash it first. I haven't really taken any pics of the car alone yet.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Gorgeous interior. I do like my gloss black, but your wood is my 1st choice for sure!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I also like these little add ons to make a car look a bit different than everyone else's. (Ten years ago I bought a silver Nissan 370Z Nismo that only came in a black cloth interior and replaced it with a red/black leather seats & trim. I thought it looked great. Photo attached.)

Anyway, would like your all's opinion about adding a little color to the exterior. My son's BMW i3 has a bit of of blue accent on the grill and door sill. Also, the new Nissan Leaf has a darker blue at the lower front and rear end. I had gone to a local shop to explore something like that, but couldn't decide. Any input/ideas would be appreciated.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,162 Posts
I also like these little add ons to make a car look a bit different than everyone else's. (Ten years ago I bought a silver Nissan 370Z Nismo that only came in a black cloth interior and replaced it with a red/black leather seats & trim. I thought it looked great. Photo attached.)

Anyway, would like your all's opinion about adding a little color to the exterior. My son's BMW i3 has a bit of of blue accent on the grill and door sill. Also, the new Nissan Leaf has a darker blue at the lower front and rear end. I had gone to a local shop to explore something like that, but couldn't decide. Any input/ideas would be appreciated.
Whole and partial wraps are very popular in Europe. Makes it easy to customize without making permanent alterations. A guy recently posted a photo of his all black I-Pace with red accents. He went way overboard for my taste. It would have looked pretty sharp with a less accents, but I did like the colors

1 - 20 of 24 Posts