Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm relatively new to my I-Pace HSE.
I've had the car for a couple of months now.

Has anyone else had the cars acceleration decrease? My car definitely feels a lot slower the last week or so. It's still quick, but not the rocket anymore...

I'm comparing comfort now mode with comfort mode from a few weeks ago.

I don't thing I changed settings and I don't think I'm imagining it.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1,759 Posts
You mean the throttle response is less?

When the battery is down to ~5%, it won't draw power at maximum rate any more, but that's not the case here is it?

One way to test it is to put it in Dynamic Mode and time the 0-60 when you floor it. It should be 4.2-4.5 seconds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sciencegeek,

Thanks for your response.

My battery has been around 20-30%, so relatively low, but not near 5%. Its about 7 degrees Celsius, outside, so cold but not freezing.
I would say 0-60mph feel more like 7seconds that the 4.5secs I got accustomed to.

I will try to time it, but living in London you don't often get to 60!

I'm currently fully charging the car and will check updates etc.

The car has done a few other weird things.
1. Black screen twice last week.
2. Reverse camera black (no video) but park aide direction arches still showing (on a black no video screen).
3. When plugged in Andriod Auto, using Waze (for instance) you cant make calls through bluetooth, but need to use phone's microphone.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Have you noticed a sudden drop in your range? It sounds like either you are not getting enough power from battery or something is causing traction control to kick in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you noticed a sudden drop in your range? It sounds like either you are not getting enough power from battery or something is causing traction control to kick in.
Hi Epirali,

My range has not been great, but I've not had the car long enough to really have stats to rely on.
Another thing I've noticed that the speed of charging has been slowed down.
I'm on a AC, 43kW charger and its charging at 8% per hour... see screenshot.
Again to new to this to have any insight...

Thanks for all the advice and help!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
The numbers all look right, and the charge per hour % is variable and inaccurate. Can you download WattCat app and get more data?

·
Registered
477 Posts
8% on AC charging is normal. It's the max capability.

DC charging will be higher and will depend on the charger up to the maximum charge rate that the car can accept. That means an 11kWh DC charger will be lower than a 50kWh and that will be slower than a 150kWh charger supplying the maximum the car can take (107kWh with the latest update).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Voltage

From everything I know, the best power from the electric inverter should come when the dc input voltage is at a peak. I had a Scangauge programmed to read dc battery voltage for my Ford Focus Electric with pouch cells from LG chem. What I discovered is that peak voltage (~327vdc) was when the battery was between 75% to 90% charged(it was always lower at 100% charged). Below 75% the voltage dropped very slowly (326-305vdc) until at ~>20% charged, it began a faster drop down to 0%/277vdc charged. I would not expect the Jag to accelerate as fast at 20%charged as it does at 90% charged. Picture is with accelerator floored at about 30mph. The Focus would not get full amps (177amps) until about 60mph to prevent wheel spin on the lightly loaded front wheels and heavy back end.

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
My car has not had an major problems, but has had some minor quirks. I've learned to just chill about it, and wait for the next software update, which usually fixes whatever is going on. It's just the cost of being an early adopter, I've come to believe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts