Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, on my new MY21 some issues came up and I wanted to ask if they are known and maybe something to live with it until the next software update. First my I-PACE forgets the AC temperature setting. When entering the car it sits always on low (deepest and coldest setting). I always need to dial in the old temperature. When driving the car and coming back quite shortly it is still on the old temperature.

Sometimes the illumination of the steering wheel buttons is not working at all, after starting up the car it is back.

Also sometimes I cannot change the cabin brightness. No difference at all when rotating the small stick for the brightness setting. After starting up the car again ist is working.

Thanks for all of your input!

·
Registered
711 Posts
I wonder if your problems are related to the Pivi Pro system installed in your model 2021. Most of us have the Touch Pro Duo system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
You are definitely not the only one. I got my new I-Pace (with Pivi Pro) delivered 3 weeks ago out of which it has already spent 2 weeks back at the dealer to fix the host of issues I found on just a few days (first one on the list below is the same as yours). Hope to get some good news in a few days. I work in IT and software development myself and this is even worse than you would expect from a beta version, let alone the version Jaguar chooses to put on the market.
I have been driving a replacement I-Pace with Touch Pro Duo for 2 weeks now and even though it is slow and has a fairly outdated design, at least it reliably works...

Will let you know what conclusion the dealer comes up with.
  • Also have the issue of A/C going to minimum temperature, including in combination with preconditioning, so in other words, when I plan a preheating, it feels like stepping into a fridge.
  • Navigation app no longer even launching, let alone working.
  • Traffic sign recognition showing completely wrong signs most of the time and showing speed in mph despite the car’s settings being in kph.
  • Linking keys to profiles is not working, most of the time it simply throws an error, one time I even had to force reboot the infotainment system to get it unfrozen.
  • The car is not remembering the selected profile, but after 1 min or so switches back to the guest profile after which I again have to switch back to my profile.
  • It took 3 tries to finally get the system to remember my WiFi password (despite each time the car showing it was connected just fine).
  • Online services like Spotify worked once (after initial setup) and disappeared from the menu afterwards. I also cannot re-add them because the system thinks they are already active (which is actually correct, but they are invisible).
  • Setting up my wife’s account through the official instructions did not work. The InControl website keeps on saying the password is incorrect, but when resetting it, tells me it cannot take the password, because it was already used. Finally managed to get it to work by creating an account from scratch and afterwards linking it, but then the app is not working with her account (cannot find the car), even though on the website all is showing as correctly linked.
  • The Remote app always shows my battery percentage as being 0 and consequently is perpetually warning me that I need to charge (despite showing the correct remaining range in kilometers).
  • Both the middle screens sometimes go to minimum brightness without warning and are unresponsive to the buttons to change the brightness. After 30-60 sec, they go back to normal.
  • The radio sometimes goes to mute without touching anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankfully I have only my few mentioned issues + the forgetting profile you listed. Additionally beside software problems a broken stabilisator bush that creates noise but this can be solved quickly. It would be great to let us know what the dealer finally did. I am planning a visit in the next weeks.

SOTA obviously tried to install an update on 12/23 but it failed... I am still on a software from October.

I wonder if LR Defender drivers suffer from the same software issues since they also have the new Pivi Pro.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have many of the problems since two months exactly as Taygeto with PiviPro in I-Pace MY21 too. Additionally I am not able to use the remote app at all, as it tells that no vehicle is associated with my incontrol account, although it is obviously associated at the incontrol webpage (but without showing any live data). I have the impression that a second account, which I had created earlier is in conflict with the one I am using now (where it unfortunately states that I am a secondary user). But I can not login to the old one (to hopefully remove it completely), because it tells that the password is wrong, althoughI am successfully able to reset a new password (using password forgotten function). Useless to say, that the discussion neither with Jaguar service hotline nor with the dealer was not successful yet.

·
Registered
822 Posts
I'm surprised to see so many of the same issues with Pivi Pro that we saw on the MY2019 I-Pace. To quote Yogi Berra, it's like deja vu all over again. The good news is that JLR solved many problems with subsequent software updates. I understand the frustration of having a car that's not ready for prime time but hopefully you'll see fixes to these problems very soon.

I recommend that you give your service advisor a list of all the bugs so that JLR can work on them.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
I had most but not all of these issues which seem largely resolved with the SOTA update that was pushed at the end of November and applied to my car on the 10th December

SoC reliably shows now and the temperature oddity appears to be resolved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
So after 3 weeks at the dealer, most issues are reportedly resolved through software updates/reinstalls. Now they came to the conclusion that the charging port is broken as well, which is part of what is messing up the electronics, it seems, so that will be replaced next week. I must say I am baffled by the crazy number of issues on a brand new car...

·
Registered
EV320 MY21
8 Posts
I have some of those problems, too:
  • In rare situation the I-Pace starts with "lo" temperature. In this cases the hardwarebuttons are without function - no physical feedback. The temp will not sink, even the same for seatheating.
  • Twice the brightness in Pivi-Pro and stearing wheel was min.
  • Automatic recognition of profile with key or cellphone doesn´t work. InControll-Log in failed
  • I am not able to connect intitialy with Spotify ("an unexpected error...")
After having some more problems the January-Update helped and I am still waiting for more service via SOTA, than I will drive to the garage.

·
Registered
MY21 Portofino Blue HSE, Pano Roof, Clearsight Mirror, Air Suspension & AD, Upgraded Cabin Light
315 Posts
  • In rare situation the I-Pace starts with "lo" temperature. In this cases the hardwarebuttons are without function - no physical feedback. The temp will not sink, even the same for seatheating.
  • Automatic recognition of profile with key or cellphone doesn´t work. InControll-Log in failed
After having some more problems the January-Update helped and I am still waiting for more service via SOTA, than I will drive to the garage.
These issues should be resolved by the 2.06 update which was pushed to my car 3 days ago

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have the same issues with "lo" temperature and no temperature adjustment on startup.
It was with Jaguar yesterday and they updated the climate control software. In options, smart climate had been turned off and the "lo" was not appearing after the update yesterday. I will check to see if it is selected on again since the "lo" appeared again this morning.

Profile not recognised 80% of the time
Spotify connected but media not available
Seat memories not working, having stored the seat position it moves the seat to a semi-reclined angle and it moves rearwards when selected or on startup.
Having to reposition the seat most days is very annoying.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the same issues with "lo" temperature and no temperature adjustment on startup.
It was with Jaguar yesterday and they updated the climate control software. In options, smart climate had been turned off and the "lo" was not appearing after the update yesterday. I will check to see if it is selected on again since the "lo" appeared again this morning.

Profile not recognised 80% of the time
Spotify connected but media not available
Seat memories not working, having stored the seat position it moves the seat to a semi-reclined angle and it moves rearwards when selected or on startup.
Having to reposition the seat most days is very annoying.
I assume you have a MY21?

These are known issues and largely resolved in the Pivi 2.0.6 update, have you had that update yet? I have never had the seating position issue but don't tend to move mine that much.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I assume you have a MY21?

These are known issues and largely resolved in the Pivi 2.0.6 update, have you had that update yet? I have never had the seating position issue but don't tend to move mine that much.
Hi e-b,
Yes MY21, I have the car about 3 weeks and its been with Jaguar twice for updates. The first one was a TCU software update, that at least solved the communication issues with the remote app. The second visit included the update for the climate control which was supposed to solve the "lo" on startup issue....not. I had a good look through practically all of the menus/options but I cannot find the Pivi version number.

·
Registered
315 Posts
The updates are SOTA you shouldn't need to take it in. Take a look at your settings and look under software update. It should tell you what version you have. That seems to be the problem. Its not specific software for the temperature its global control addressed in the pivi update that fixes the problem and it has stayed fixed now for me for a month. If it doesn't give you the version then you are on the original release and need to have 2.0.3 applied before you can get 2.0.6.

The latest version is apparently 2.0.8.

2.0.3 fixed a number of issues specifically the SoC reporting to the app

2.0.6 fixed the temperature control issue, gave much more reliability to the profile detection on entry to the car (although it did delete my profile twice after installation) and for those that had it the illumination issue. You also get an auto brake hold option in the main settings menu.

2.0.8 apparently applies further fixes

I tried to get these things sorted at the dealers but they sorted themselves when the updates downloaded. I recommend keeping your car connected to home wifi to speed the delivery. If that doesn't work you should be telling the dealer that you want these updates applied (because that is the fix).

·
Registered
94 Posts
The updates are SOTA you shouldn't need to take it in. Take a look at your settings and look under software update. It should tell you what version you have. That seems to be the problem. Its not specific software for the temperature its global control addressed in the pivi update that fixes the problem and it has stayed fixed now for me for a month. If it doesn't give you the version then you are on the original release and need to have 2.0.3 applied before you can get 2.0.6.

The latest version is apparently 2.0.8.

2.0.3 fixed a number of issues specifically the SoC reporting to the app

2.0.6 fixed the temperature control issue, gave much more reliability to the profile detection on entry to the car (although it did delete my profile twice after installation) and for those that had it the illumination issue. You also get an auto brake hold option in the main settings menu.

2.0.8 apparently applies further fixes

I tried to get these things sorted at the dealers but they sorted themselves when the updates downloaded. I recommend keeping your car connected to home wifi to speed the delivery. If that doesn't work you should be telling the dealer that you want these updates applied (because that is the fix).
Under settings it just says "software up to date" no versions displayed. The car is connected to the home Wifi network on arrival but disconnects some time after shutdown, I can see it connected on the Wifi network.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Under settings it just says "software up to date" no versions displayed. The car is connected to the home Wifi network on arrival but disconnects some time after shutdown, I can see it connected on the Wifi network.
OK well if no version is displayed (if you wait for a minute or two) it almost certainly hasn't had the 2.0.3 update. Only after the 2.0.3 update did mine start showing the version number. You can only update to the 2.0.6 version (which is a full Pivi Update) once you have 2.0.3.

Just to be sure when you select the settings menu, along the bottom where it says things like media, all, do you see Brake Hold? If not then you don't have 2.0.6

When using Pivi if you select Nav, Media etc. does the right hand nav button for that setting illuminate with a dull orange halo (so in the Nav screen the right hand icons for media and phone are normal but the Nav will have a dull orange halo around it)? If so then you have 2.0.6. If not then you don't and 2.0.6 will solve your problems (although again it may wipe out your profile a couple of times at random and awkward times as it has done for me and others but oddly not more than twice so far).

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK well if no version is displayed (if you wait for a minute or two) it almost certainly hasn't had the 2.0.3 update. Only after the 2.0.3 update did mine start showing the version number. You can only update to the 2.0.6 version (which is a full Pivi Update) once you have 2.0.3.

Just to be sure when you select the settings menu, along the bottom where it says things like media, all, do you see Brake Hold? If not then you don't have 2.0.6

When using Pivi if you select Nav, Media etc. does the right hand nav button for that setting illuminate with a dull orange halo (so in the Nav screen the right hand icons for media and phone are normal but the Nav will have a dull orange halo around it)? If so then you have 2.0.6. If not then you don't and 2.0.6 will solve your problems (although again it may wipe out your profile a couple of times at random and awkward times as it has done for me and others but oddly not more than twice so far).

under Live Apps you can see the App versions

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yes thats pre 2.0.3 then or certainly appears to be.

After 2.0.3 you will get the date that 2.0.3 is installed and it will show the version

After 2.0.6 Brake Hold appears after ALL in the bottom menu bar

I would be asking the dealer to confirm which software version you are running (I never got an answer to this when I asked before I saw it myself with 2.0.3). The solutions to the vast majority of your problems already exist in available updates. I am not quite sure why it is not picking these updates up itself though. Mine now seems to be fairly reliably applying them some 10 days after someone first flags that they are available. I will try and take a pic of mine for contrast.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts