Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a good deal from a dealer in NE for a NEW 2019 IPace HSE and would pick it tomorrow. I currently own a Tesla S and want to change to a new BEV. What are the things that I need to check for the vehicle before driving the vehicle from the dealership lot.

Regards, MHK

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
I got a good deal from a dealer in NE for a NEW 2019 IPace HSE and would pick it tomorrow. I currently own a Tesla S and want to change to a new BEV. What are the things that I need to check for the vehicle before driving the vehicle from the dealership lot.

Regards, MHK
Welcome!

I recommend you ensure all campaigns/recalls are complete, software is updated & SOTA is enabled.

You can only confirm versions of 2 of the software modules: infotainment should be 19B....40 and telematics 18.2. If those 2 are not current, I would guarantee none of the others are either.

The dealer should be able to run a printout from the Pathfinder system to show the systems are all up to date

·
Super Moderator
1,558 Posts
If you're on Android download WattCat to see some real time parameters and other info for your car. Congrats!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Congrats! I second Dantrium and sciencegeek's sound advice. Also, create a Jaguar InControl user ID so you can make sure your Jaguar Remote app or WattCat is connecting to the car before you leave the lot. Finally have them check the tire pressure. For some reason dealers love over-inflated tires. Make sure it is 37 psi all around if you do not plan to have more than three passengers most of the time.

Hope your ownership experience turns out to be a pleasant one :smile2:

Moderators: Time for a sticky post with pre-delivery tips for proud owners-to-be?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Inspect the paint and exterior thoroughly as well. Many of these cars are just sitting there on the lots

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the advice Dantrium, sciencegeek, ryzvy and PS702. Really appreciate your help. I checked https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/vinLookup# and there were no recalls. Based on the documentation for order details, I have build date as 03/05/19 and delivery date as 10/27/19.

·
Super Moderator
1,148 Posts
Thanks for the advice Dantrium, sciencegeek, ryzvy and PS702. Really appreciate your help. I checked https://vinrcl.safercar.gov/vin/vinLookup# and there were no recalls. Based on the documentation for order details, I have build date as 03/05/19 and delivery date as 10/27/19.
There are several service ‘campaigns’, major and minor. I honestly am unsure if any of them were ever listed as a government recall. It is possible the one dealing with the brakes was, but I am unsure

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Picked my Ultimate Black/Light Oyster IPace yesterday. Ordered a Juicebox Pro from Costco. Liked the drive back home. Notable differences exist between my Tesla and Ipace. Interior is stunning for IPace and minimalism for Tesla. I feel Tesla more playful with everything revolving on the touchscreen. Cargo Space front and back more in Tesla compared to IPace. I was a fan of the big touch screen but had few issues like bubbles, yellow border around the border.

Is there a way you can charge only up to 80% battery?

Attachments

·
Registered
199 Posts
Looks gorgeous. Congrats again! You can limit the charge using the JuiceBox app. You'll have to set the battery capacity of the vehicle as 82kWh and then the starting and desired final state of charge on the second screen of enelX/JuiceBox app.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1) Does the I Pace have controls for charging such as the time of day it begins a charge and to what percentage you want it to charge?
2) From reading various postings, I see some have had some serious issues. Is it known f there is a series of VIN's to avoid?
3) There are many I Paces that have been at dealerships for 240+ days. How might that affect the batteries if they've just been sitting around for so long. I went to a local dealership and the salesman went to pick up the car for a test drive. I know it was a few blocks away, but after waiting 45 minutes (when he said he'd be back in 5-10 minutes), I left. Now I think perhaps the battery was dead and they were trying to charge it enough to drive. That can't be good for the battery.
4) A comment above says, "If you're on Android download WattCat to see some real time parameters and other info for your car." What if you have an iPhone?
Thanks!

·
Registered
427 Posts
1) Does the I Pace have controls for charging such as the time of day it begins a charge and to what percentage you want it to charge?
2) From reading various postings, I see some have had some serious issues. Is it known f there is a series of VIN's to avoid?
3) There are many I Paces that have been at dealerships for 240+ days. How might that affect the batteries if they've just been sitting around for so long. I went to a local dealership and the salesman went to pick up the car for a test drive. I know it was a few blocks away, but after waiting 45 minutes (when he said he'd be back in 5-10 minutes), I left. Now I think perhaps the battery was dead and they were trying to charge it enough to drive. That can't be good for the battery.
4) A comment above says, "If you're on Android download WattCat to see some real time parameters and other info for your car." What if you have an iPhone?
Thanks!
  • No, but you can work with Juicebox to get something close. I see you responded to ryzvy post with instruction
  • VINs are not great predictors. Nearly all I-Pace qualify for the recall campaigns. The few folks with serious battery faults don't seem to be within a specific range. First Model year had some poor software, but the big problems seemed to be more of assembly quality.
  • I suspect you are right, but it depends upon the area you are in and the dealership. We've seen postings where the Jaguar dealer is clearly inept or non-responsive and only have one trained person. Yet others have had really great experiences with the dealer. I would suggest that if you have options about which Jaguar dealer to use, you should look at customer reviews and ask how many of their service techs are certified on the I-Pace
  • There is a product called BlueStacks that you can install on a Windows or Mac. It is an Android emulator. You can install the emulator and then load the app on your PC or MAC. It uses the Jaguar APIs and your In Control App login to pull and display the data. Take a scan through Ardevd's posting - WattCat - Third party InControl app for Android

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have additional $3k Coupon code that I got from Jaguar as part of their Cyber weekend offer that can be used before 01/02/20. Please PM if any one is buying a new IPace. First come first served.

Thanks,
MHK.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts