Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Posters with only 1 or 2 postings on any forum have to build credibility, if they only post critical comments and don't engage in conversation they may be misunderstood.

Then you get shills or trolls who only visit forum threads to argue and distort opinions.

Often EV problems are misconceptions that have easy solutions. This forum is great place to share opinions and advice.

The moderators here are great too. :D

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
607 Posts
Your point is well taken, and I am usually suspicious of such posters. However, as a Tesla stock holder I am more than willing to talk down their cars. I believe in their business model rather than their products. Same goes for Disney and Coca-cola.
I'm okay with someone coming here to discuss the problems with their car no matter how negative. It's fair based on their experience. I don't like it when someone characterizes the entire model as AFU, stating that the I-Pace has poor range based only on their experience with a single vehicle, etc. That gets my dander up.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
279 Posts
I'm okay with someone coming here to discuss the problems with their car no matter how negative. It's fair based on their experience ....
Agreed.

But the key word is "discuss". In a few cases recently the posted comments are vague and overly negative. I accept that an owner can get frustrated to the point of ranting, but a more nuanced desciption of the problems and how the dealer has or has not approached them is far more productive all around.
Free speech and all, but "chicken littles" are not useful to anyone.

·
Registered
113 Posts
If you want to get your dander up just search Ipace on the TMC forums. A lot of misinformation about the Ipace there. Interesting how important level 3 or the supercharging network is to Tesla fans. I've done DC fast charging once in 6 months at Ikea just to try it out. People need to think about their use scenario when buying any EV. I knew I wouldnt be doing any long trips with the Ipace with any regularity. Might go up to the cottage with it (250km) which should be fine. I would take my ice vehicle for long road trips just for convenience.

I don't believe Jaguar built the Ipace to be mainstream. It's a fast, performance oriented, luxury crossover. Happens to be an EV. Jaguar buyers aren't looking for all the tech stuff so the interior layout is more traditional. I don't want to use a screen to open my glovebox....The Ipace wont disappoint if you go in knowing what the limitations are of an EV and it matches your use scenario.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I’d agree with gtquann on all but one point, technology. I think the level of technology of the I-Pace is a lot closer to Tesla than it’s commonly given credit for. I have a few technology tidbits on my I-Pace that my Tesla didn’t have.

When it comes to things that my Tesla had that the I-Pace doesn’t, I have to scratch my head. Yes, OTA updates are more prolific & perhaps sophisticated in the Tesla, but it looks like the I-Pace is closing the gap. I suppose in theory the autopilot is more sophisticated than the I-Pace, but even there, in actual practice, I don’t see a huge difference other than Jaguar not calling it autopilot.

So I’m not finding the I-Pace to be technically deficient relative to the Tesla.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I’d agree with gtquann on all but one point, technology. I think the level of technology of the I-Pace is a lot closer to Tesla than it’s commonly given credit for. I have a few technology tidbits on my I-Pace that my Tesla didn’t have.

When it comes to things that my Tesla had that the I-Pace doesn’t, I have to scratch my head. Yes, OTA updates are more prolific & perhaps sophisticated in the Tesla, but it looks like the I-Pace is closing the gap. I suppose in theory the autopilot is more sophisticated than the I-Pace, but even there, in actual practice, I don’t see a huge difference other than Jaguar not calling it autopilot.

So I’m not finding the I-Pace to be technically deficient relative to the Tesla.
Good to here from a previous tesla owner that the tech is not that far behind. The auto journalists keep saying that Tesla batteries are 10 yrs ahead of other EVs. I don't see it. Real world range doesn't seem that different from the MX. M3 should have more range - it's not a crossover/suv and smaller. Drag coefficient is better on Tesla but then you have to like the body style which didn't appeal to me. If I'm spending thus much money on a car I should like the styling - happy to sacrifice some aerodynamics to have a better looking car. I guess we'll never have 'fart' mode.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Dang, I forgot fart mode. I take back what I said, Tesla have far more tech than the I-Pace. 😏

61 - 67 of 67 Posts