Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took delivery of my IPace three days ago in Paris France. On my way home I realized that there was a really annoying noise from the A/C. Not loud but loud enough to be really annoying when at stop. The noise was not there on the IPace from my test drive. Anybody had this problem? I am scared that Jaguar will not take this problem seriously enough to fix it. The ventilation noise stops when A/C is turned off

·
Registered
113 Posts
Very soft high pitched whine? I have it, hear it with AC on and higher fan speeds. No one at dealership claims they can hear it, so they pretty much imply I'm crazy. Nothing done about it. Assume the AC will completely break at some point and they'll have to address it then. Terribly frustrating.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Very soft high pitched whine? I have it, hear it with AC on and higher fan speeds. No one at dealership claims they can hear it, so they pretty much imply I'm crazy. Nothing done about it. Assume the AC will completely break at some point and they'll have to address it then. Terribly frustrating.
It's definitely there. My assumption is that it's a design flaw rather than a defect, and doubt they would do anything about it.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Took delivery of my IPace three days ago in Paris France. On my way home I realized that there was a really annoying noise from the A/C. Not loud but loud enough to be really annoying when at stop. The noise was not there on the IPace from my test drive. Anybody had this problem? I am scared that Jaguar will not take this problem seriously enough to fix it. The ventilation noise stops when A/C is turned off
I am audio guy and pretty sensitive to noises (like I will hear the hum in a cooling fan for headlights while sitting at idle). Can you describe annoying? I do hear the various fan and AC noises but nothing I would call unusual on mine. Grant it you can hear this stuff more in EVs without the engine noise masking it. Does it sound like a belt? A motor?

·
Registered
22 Posts
I am audio guy and pretty sensitive to noises (like I will hear the hum in a cooling fan for headlights while sitting at idle). Can you describe annoying? I do hear the various fan and AC noises but nothing I would call unusual on mine. Grant it you can hear this stuff more in EVs without the engine noise masking it. Does it sound like a belt? A motor?
I hear it too - it sounds like a quiet hiss. It doesn't change pitch or volume regardless of fan speed. The only way to eliminate it is to turn off A/C. It sounds like the compressor.

I also hear it when the car heater is active.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes exactly soft high pitch noise. Went to Jaguar and had to have the mechanic go in my IPace and then to the test IPace. He said he understood. I left the car today and will get it back next week. I’ll keep you posted

·
Registered
772 Posts
Yes exactly soft high pitch noise. Went to Jaguar and had to have the mechanic go in my IPace and then to the test IPace. He said he understood. I left the car today and will get it back next week. I’ll keep you posted
Any updates on this noise and a solution?
Service rep says they might need to take the dash out, but I don't think he knows what he's talking about

·
Registered
55 Posts
I think it might be the heat pump running in the background. But.... I could be wrong. ;-)

I hear it in my I-Pace. Will often continue to run for a few seconds/minutes after I turn off the A/C, then it seems to stop.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I think it might be the heat pump running in the background. But.... I could be wrong. ;-)

I hear it in my I-Pace. Will often continue to run for a few seconds/minutes after I turn off the A/C, then it seems to stop.

Its unacceptable and not all of the cars have this sound coming from the A/C

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: reports of a quiet hiss while A/C is engaged, it’s probably the cooled seats. They will hiss when the air is sent through them. It’s not only the I-Pace that does this. You can check this by turning off the seat cooling.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Re: reports of a quiet hiss while A/C is engaged, it’s probably the cooled seats. They will hiss when the air is sent through them. It’s not only the I-Pace that does this. You can check this by turning off the seat cooling.
Nope. I don't have heated or cooled seats and the HVAC fan hiss is there. It's not a big deal for me since I have tinnitus anyways.

·
Registered
772 Posts

Hiss is when AC is on, not seats cooling or heating. Thats a different sound you are describing

1 - 12 of 12 Posts