Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the dealer was on the way to deliver a 2020 HSE to me. He texts, and said he turned around because the A/C wasn’t working! And this is right off the lot. Apparently they are keeping it overnight to “pressure test” the A/C system for links and see if there are any issues.

Considering the bugginess of some of these cars, I‘m wondering if this is a sign. Do I run while I still have the chance? As the dealer to do the same deal on another HSE? (I was going to purchase Corvis Grey but they have a couple of White one’s similarly equipped.)

What do you think? What would you recommend?

The Dealer was good at updating all the software, etc. but its hard to justifying buying a car when something as simple as the A/C isnt working from the get go.

An oh, I‘m in Wisconsin - its warm here, but it’s not exactly Arizona or South Georgia either.

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
2,356 Posts
You're probably following the forum and the diversity of opinions and experiences, right? This is such a personal question that I for one hesitate to answer it because it so depends on your preferences, skills, and personality. And of course the forum attracts participation when something is wrong. There's probably a silent majority out there for whom the car works perfectly, especially at this point when the serious software issues have been solved.

What seems to be a fact is that your dealer is good. That's a huge plus.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I had an A/C issue earlier this summer and the dealer said that they fixed/replaced a leaky valve and it sounded like a simple fix.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Also had one day where the AC was blowing only hot air earlier this summer. Since then, it's been back to normal.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I noticed a forum comment that the I-Pace could be pre conditioned via the App to a much lower temperature than that set manually on the A/C control panel. If this was possible the car would blow hot air to achieve the higher setting when the car was first started, and surprise the driver.
It is winter here, too cold for me to prove this.
Perhaps someone located in a hot zone could test if this is possible.
Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
222 Posts
My 2020 has been trouble free. A/C should be easy to fix. It really is a great car. I'm leasing currently - my dilemma in 2 yrs will be whether to buy out, lease another with the new infotainment/upgrades or go with Polestar 2. I do worry about JLRs future.

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
My 2020 has been trouble free. A/C should be easy to fix. It really is a great car. I'm leasing currently - my dilemma in 2 yrs will be whether to buy out, lease another with the new infotainment/upgrades or go with Polestar 2. I do worry about JLRs future.
I am very worried about Jaguar's future!!! Land Rover is a much more salable brand, with much higher desirability worldwide. While the name Jaguar is desirable, their sales have been poor for decades. I am honestly surprised they are still around :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dealer tells me it is indeed faulty "valves" they need to replace pursuant to a technical service bulletin. The service manager is going to double check all the batteries, including the 12volt for any issues. He says most of the issues they were seeing with the i-Pace have been relieved with the most recent software updates. Here's hoping!

·
Registered
116 Posts
I am very worried about Jaguar's future!!! Land Rover is a much more salable brand, with much higher desirability worldwide. While the name Jaguar is desirable, their sales have been poor for decades. I am honestly surprised they are still around :(
Thank you Ford...ruined an iconic brand with their parts bin attitude and branding a Taurus a Jag. Amazing they have recovered as well as they have.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
523 Posts
While not worried about their future, I will offer that Jaguar and Land Rover should be complementary nameplates within an overall brand. Jaguar should offer the sport cars and luxury sedans/crossovers, while Land Rover offers the SUV styling.
While the I-Pace sits between those two divisions, to me the E-Pace & F-Pace are not necessary items within JLR overall.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
So...this is interesting. Dealer called, and they put tracer in the AC, which are showing leaks also in the condenser. So, that would mean taking all that apart and a certified auto electrician (which they don’t have on-site). So, decided to switch to a similarly equipped white one.

They also said that they have already replaced the 12V batteries in this white one. 🤔

Interesting I think. Hopefully this one is less of an issue.

·
Registered
2019 Jaguar I-Pace
35 Posts
When I decided to buy an I-Pace, the first one I went in to test drive and negotiate the numbers for, the A/C was not working. Since then I tested 3 others and A/C all worked great. I saw the TSB for A/C so I feel like it’s something that shouldn’t repeat once repaired.

·
Registered
Mazda RX-8
327 Posts
I'm leasing currently - my dilemma in 2 yrs will be whether to buy out, lease another with the new infotainment/upgrades or go with Polestar 2. I do worry about JLRs future.
I think you will have a very good idea of the future of Jaguar in two years. That should make your decision on buying out the lease (or a new I-Pace) that much easier.

While Polestar looks like an interesting vehicle, the seeming lack of widely available support and the China sourcing could make that decision more concerning.

In any case, enjoy your next two years with the great I-Pace!

·
Registered
7 Posts
So the dealer was on the way to deliver a 2020 HSE to me. He texts, and said he turned around because the A/C wasn’t working! And this is right off the lot. Apparently they are keeping it overnight to “pressure test” the A/C system for links and see if there are any issues.

Considering the bugginess of some of these cars, I‘m wondering if this is a sign. Do I run while I still have the chance? As the dealer to do the same deal on another HSE? (I was going to purchase Corvis Grey but they have a couple of White one’s similarly equipped.)

What do you think? What would you recommend?

The Dealer was good at updating all the software, etc. but its hard to justifying buying a car when something as simple as the A/C isnt working from the get go.

An oh, I‘m in Wisconsin - its warm here, but it’s not exactly Arizona or South Georgia either.

Thoughts?
If you can mentally prepare yourself to be happy spending more than a month at a time driving a JLR loaner (think Evoque) whilst avoiding mileage or your bleeding edge technology car then you will be set up for success. Mine went in the shop June 16th, Its August 8th. The I-pace ahead of me was in there over a month as well for A/C repair. Most dealers have one technician. They don't make any move on the car without consulting by email with PC. For... every.... little..... step....... There's a time difference between Wisconsin and UK by the way.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts