Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
The counter-argument is that the state receives $$ from the tax on gas you buy for the V8. Since EV don't consume gas, have up the registration fees to make $$ for the road repairs. Also the statement about this fee being a tax deduction is a joke, since you hit the 10k SALT cap fairly quickly.

I agree it is hypocritical to say you want to switch to zero emission vehicles and then penalize the owners at the same time.

·
Super Moderator
2,346 Posts
"only" $175 of that fee is EV-specific if I understand correctly
yes it's a big bill. it's an expensive car

·
Registered
109 Posts
hi yaniv3000, That barcode is able to be scanned, it shows your full VIN plus 8 alpha numeric digits.

I would recommend removing the barcode from your posting.

Cheers, Steve

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi yaniv3000, That barcode is able to be scanned, it shows your full VIN plus 8 alpha numeric digits.

I would recommend removing the barcode from your posting.

Cheers, Steve
I already sold the car but decided to remove it anyhow thanks for the heads up!

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
The first renewal is for 2 years in California, read the fine print.
We have lived in CA for a long time (way too long, ughhh hate CA), but EV registration is not for 2 years. It is for a standard 12 months. I cannot find any info stating EV registration is for 2 years.

We just checked our registration for the 2019 I-Pace, 2020 I-Pace, 2019 i3 and 2020 Taycan....12 month CA EV registration. All stupidly $$$ too!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another dissatisfied owner? I believe your earlier threads indicated you had a 2020 HSE? Not prying, but care to share your thoughts on the car?
Yes, sold it 2 weeks ago.
I had a love and hate relationship with the car which after 10 months of ownership I just couldn't deal with it and trade it in.

My main issue was DC charging, too many times I drove to a DC charging station and the ipace didn't charge, errors, and whatever. For me, I lost trust in the car and couldn't take it anywhere over 200 miles range. Jaguar service is horrible, take 3-4 weeks to schedule one and I just didn't want to deal with this anymore. The infotainment system going all black and some other minor issues didn't help.
The iPace was my first Jaguar and my last. I will never go back to that brand.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Long range with evs? Why? Even the much lauded superchargers are terrible.

The fee was big. It's an expensive car. No surprise. You gotta pay to play.

California is the best part of this God forsaken country. The sf bay area is the best part of California. Flawed but wonderful: food, weather, art, culture, economy, nature, community, diversity, education, shopping, convenience. And thanks to covid, the traffic is even decent.

But you gotta pay to play.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The invoice says the license fee part of the bill might be tax deductible. Some states, like mine, levy a property or excise tax on cars. My property tax this year on the I-Pace will be more than the OP's total bill. That's the price you (and I) pay for owning a luxury car

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well, you already know this but thats why its called Peoples Public of Commifornia. Get out of there
California is not perfect but without California's EV laws 10 years ago Tesla would not be able to be what they are today and without Tesla, iPace would never existed.
So again with all due respect, you are wrong.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts