Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the car towed into the dealer on April 14th. After a week, was told the entire battery needs to be replaced. Battery arrived to dealer on May 26th. Dealer says it may be another week as this is the first battery replacement they have ever done. They said they had to rope off the service area.

Does it really take two weeks to replace the battery?

·
Premium Member
2020 I-Pace HSE Indus Silver
708 Posts
:( Wow, I am so sorry. These are the posts that makes potential buyers run from JLR. Really hope this gets fixed and soon. I hope you are getting payment reimbursement or money back, having your under warranty car out of commission for so long.

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
904 Posts
I'd appreciate them taking their time and doing it right rather than rushing it.

Also, it depends on how many people are trained and certified to do the job. They may have only 1 person and that person may have pre-scheduled time off (e.g. vacation, minor surgery, paternal/maternity leave).

There are also some repairs that do take longer the first time you do them. There is a time differential for following instructions that you have to read vs having memorized. I've done some that the first time took the full manufacturer's estimate of 8 hours. After having done several, I had one procedure down to 4 hours, and in good working conditions 3.5 hours.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Elsewhere in this forum are pictures of a customers battery replacement. I think the whole thing was less than 8 hrs, but the prep with the lift and training can add a lot of time(days) if it is the dealers first time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts