Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Not all by me, I bought my 2019 HSE as a demo with around 1400 miles on it so call it 44,000 miles driven since 5/12/20

I wonder how many have been driven to this mileage. At 35k miles or so the issues started, until then flawless. I currently have it at the dealer for the 6th time in 5 months to fix the AC.

I love this car but I think this AC situation might be a design flaw and something to prepare for. Has anyone else had this issue and came out the other side okay? I had planned on driving for about 3 years to the 120k mileage range and then giving it to my mom or nephew since the value for them (they don’t drive far) will be better than if I try to sell it at that mileage with likely reduced battery capacity.

I have a friend who works at JLR and says to call them to buy it back from me, I will keep you guys posted !

·
Registered
317 Posts
I'm only at 30,500 miles. The AC has been fine and it gets a workout where I live. Just from reading the forums, it seems like if you have AC problems, it's chronic and hard to fully fix, but I don't get the sense that it is super common.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm only at 30,500 miles. The AC has been fine and it gets a workout where I live. Just from reading the forums, it seems like if you have AC problems, it's chronic and hard to fully fix, but I don't get the sense that it is super common.
I don't know, I had zero issues until around 36k miles. It was fixed for a month or two and then around 40k miles it has been an issue that returns within a week of me picking it back up. One time I picked up the car and half way on my way back to Waco from Austin the AC went out. I had the "gearbox fault detected" issue around 37k miles as well

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,939 Posts
Can you post what repair actions were done in the past? Quote the text on your receipts if you still have them.

There was a bulleting published for bolts being too long at the piping-to-condenser connection (install washers), another for bolts too long for piping-to-compressor connection.(install new bolts) and another for charging ports leaking (replace the valve cores).

If the piping was taken apart for either of the first two TSBs, then the standard practice is to replace o-ring seals at such connections. A leak will happen if that isn't done since the old seals will not re-seal the connection properly once the connection is taken apart.

·
Registered
2020 I-Pase HSE in Fuji White
162 Posts
I don't know, I had zero issues until around 36k miles. It was fixed for a month or two and then around 40k miles it has been an issue that returns within a week of me picking it back up. One time I picked up the car and half way on my way back to Waco from Austin the AC went out. I had the "gearbox fault detected" issue around 37k miles as well
Did the dealer update all your software? What caused the gearbox fault? Sorry you are having troubles.

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the dealer update all your software? What caused the gearbox fault? Sorry you are having troubles.
The gearbox fault is a common issue many have had, there isn't necessarily a cause, it just happens or doesn't. All software has been updated from the beginning

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Can you post what repair actions were done in the past? Quote the text on your receipts if you still have them.

There was a bulleting published for bolts being too long at the piping-to-condenser connection (install washers), another for bolts too long for piping-to-compressor connection.(install new bolts) and another for charging ports leaking (replace the valve cores).

If the piping was taken apart for either of the first two TSBs, then the standard practice is to replace o-ring seals at such connections. A leak will happen if that isn't done since the old seals will not re-seal the connection properly once the connection is taken apart.
Thanks, this is helpful. I'll take a pic of work order when I get to the office, there is a lot of description. I have a feeling I'm going to have to help them come up with the solution, they keep trying to fix it the same way and it is obviously not working

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

It says "AC compressor suction hose o - ring separated causing freon leak, found minor leak at the suction hose on the compressor."

Then it outlines how they took it apart and fixed it

·
Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
1,939 Posts
If they reused the same bolts to reattach the hose, then they may have reused bolts that are too long.

Is there an indication of them replacing the bolts per the TSB?

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If they reused the same bolts to reattach the hose, then they may have reused bolts that are too long.

No they did not replace the bolts. Do you think that could be it? There is something that is causing it to happen again almost immediately, I feel bad for them because they've been good to me. Can you give me the jargon to call them and say "hey check the flange"?

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
2019 HSE Santorini Black
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's great, fingers crossed no issues for you. I'm hoping it isn't a widespread thing, I don't think we'd know yet since there probably aren't many with over 35k miles on them. It will be interesting to see what happens with yours around 35k miles, mine started shortly after that and has not worked for more than a month on any of the fixes

·
Registered
111 Posts
I've got the same mileage on my car. We actually had a lot more problems early on...mostly software related. The car finally got 'dialed in' and it's been good, other than the AC failing each spring. I just posted this in another thread, but my mechanic brother in law told me over the weekend that the AC components are probably contracting in the winter, and letting freon escape. Each spring, our freon is low, they can't find a leak, charge it back up, and we're good to go for another years.

I do have a potential brewing problem though...just got "battery fault detected, safe to drive carefully" or something. Then, I've got "charge error" twice when charging. The dealer is booked out 1 month, so hopefully the car makes it until then. If anyone has experience with this fault, let me know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts