Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. JTLYK that after the S21A update, which I got yesterday, I charged car to 100% and then reset GOM. The SOC at 100%, range went to 417kms. Overnight the the SOC dropped to 99%, so I topped up to 100% and range went to 423kms. Went for a trip this afternoon and got 5.15 kms per kW. Interesting!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Press start with foot OFF the brake pedal. After start completes, press brake and "gas" pedal together and hold for 10 seconds.

·
Registered
364 Posts
This reset allows the car to forget all historical data about your way to drive, and provide a factory based GOM value, which will get back to normal after a couple of journeys. This reset does not provide any extra electron, does not change anything to the car.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi guys. JTLYK that after the S21A update, which I got yesterday, I charged car to 100% and then reset GOM. The SOC at 100%, range went to 417kms. Overnight the the SOC dropped to 99%, so I topped up to 100% and range went to 423kms. Went for a trip this afternoon and got 5.15 kms per kW. Interesting!
Do you believe they have tweaked the software to make more efficient? ...or is the GOM more optimistic without basis?

·
Super Moderator
2,580 Posts
Infotainment software has nothing to do with battery control (and accordingly the release notes don't mention anything about battery).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Infotainment software has nothing to do with battery control (and accordingly the release notes don't mention anything about battery).
Actually, GOM has nothing to do with battery control or management and is most likely a function of the infotainment system. GOM reports estimated mileage based on some weird science. It's probably actually better to use battery percentage SOC than GOM.

So, I have reset GOM three times, timed after I'd charged to 100%. Each time I've had three different ranges at reset and the 423 kms was by far the longest range ever stated - over 40kms more. It was a bit of a surprise. It wouldn't be the first time auto companies have made "secret" updates.

Actually, on first trip after, drove for 45kms at average speed of 60kms/hr and got 5.15kms/kW. Second trip was 63kms at 101 kms/hr and got 4.26 kms/kW.

·
Registered
2019 FE Photon Red
666 Posts
Actually, GOM has nothing to do with battery control or management and is most likely a function of the infotainment system. GOM reports estimated mileage based on some weird science. It's probably actually better to use battery percentage SOC than GOM.

So, I have reset GOM three times, timed after I'd charged to 100%. Each time I've had three different ranges at reset and the 423 kms was by far the longest range ever stated - over 40kms more. It was a bit of a surprise. It wouldn't be the first time auto companies have made "secret" updates.

Actually, on first trip after, drove for 45kms at average speed of 60kms/hr and got 5.15kms/kW.
Paranoia and conspiracy theories always sound better than science.
I would guess battery temp and external temp were more likely culprits. However, it's not for me to tell anyone who/what to believe.🙂

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Its a term we use for EVs range display, it stand for Guess-O-Meter. They are known to be notoriously unreliable, as they have to use driving patterns and can’t predict driving speed, terrain etc. So they are a “guess” of the range remains.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts