Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I am pretty much fed up with range and the GOM. The variance of range and minor weather condition changes that can dramatically alter travel plans have made me decide to give up this car and brand. I repeat a trip to visit family a couple of times a month. The drive is 155 miles: 140 miles of 4-lane highway at 70 mph and the remaining 15 slower highway speeds and light urban driving. I usually charge the battery fully before leaving and returning. Driving down this time, the temp was 60 deg and there was stiff headwind. Still I arrived at the hotel with fully 65 miles of range showing on the GOM. I just returned tonight with the only difference being that I charged the battery to 96% as I didn't think I needed to wait another 25 min for the final 4%. Temp was 55 deg and I had a much lighter and not completely frontal headwind. I arrived home with the battery at 6%....the warning lights were flashing and beeping. So, I used 90% of the battery for 155 miles. This is ridiculous. Low heating, low fan, no AC, no seat heater. I was driving like I'm still in my 1968 Ford Fairlane and I can still barely make 155 miles. I'm glad that JLR is likely going to buy-back this lemon.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts