Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys:

New here and looking to lease an I-Pace.

I have test driven on 20" wheels and like the ride. However, I really like the look of the 22"s.

As none of my local dealers have I-Paces with 22"s, can someone with 22"s please let me know if they consider the ride pretty hard? I know it is subjective but opinions would be appreciated.

Here in Florida, the roads are not bad and I intend to leave the suspension settings on 'comfort'.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks.

Roger

·
Registered
801 Posts
The ride the best:

1) 18", softest, quietest, smoothest, best mileage

2) 20"

3) 22" roughest, loudest, least mileage

The trick is to put the tires at 37 PSI for all around for the 20s and 22s

·
Registered
418 Posts
I love the 22s. To get the best ride out of them you set the tires to low-pressure mode and lower them to 37psi. Very comfortable overall to me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I agree! With the air suspension, cabin insulation, and well kept roads in my area, the 22's are quiet, sticky, and match the car for what it does best - performance, agility, and an amazing wow factor.

Cheers,

Bruce

·
Registered
527 Posts
I'm 13,000+ miles into I-Pace ownership (SWFL, I might add) since Dec 2018. I wouldn't have considered any wheels other than the 5069 style 22s. They absolutely MAKE this car. I don't buy all the 'technically correct' comments about ride, noise and mileage. Set the tire pressures to 37psi (the 'light load') setting on the thumbwheel menu and you'll find the ride SUBSTANTIALLY better than the dealer settings of 47-50psi. Since learning about the tire pressure setting, I've never had any issues with the ride, or noise for that matter. As for mileage, I'm in the middle of a post-H264 (for those few on this forum unfamiliar, that's the recent range-boosting software update) mileage test. I've driven 205 local miles (the last 100 in heavy rains) and have 14% or 35 miles left, so should finish this test right at 240 mi range. Could the 18s possibly get 260mi? Maybe, but who gives a hoot. The 20s don't really fill the wheel wells properly, and the 18s look ridiculously small on this car. Ian Callum himself said the car was designed to ride the 22s.

·
Super Moderator
1,956 Posts
I'm 13,000+ miles into I-Pace ownership (SWFL, I might add) since Dec 2018. I wouldn't have considered any wheels other than the 5069 style 22s. They absolutely MAKE this car. I don't buy all the 'technically correct' comments about ride, noise and mileage. Set the tire pressures to 37psi (the 'light load') setting on the thumbwheel menu and you'll find the ride SUBSTANTIALLY better than the dealer settings of 47-50psi. Since learning about the tire pressure setting, I've never had any issues with the ride, or noise for that matter. As for mileage, I'm in the middle of a post-H264 (for those few on this forum unfamiliar, that's the recent range-boosting software update) mileage test. I've driven 205 local miles (the last 100 in heavy rains) and have 14% or 35 miles left, so should finish this test right at 240 mi range. Could the 18s possibly get 260mi? Maybe, but who gives a hoot. The 20s don't really fill the wheel wells properly, and the 18s look ridiculously small on this car. Ian Callum himself said the car was designed to ride the 22s.
I've been an ardent advocate of the 18" wheels because I like to take the car out on the dirt; I'm not sure the 22s would have survived our desert trip last spring, or the one we're planning for this spring, with more to come. Fuel economy is a minor side bonus. But for people who don't take it on the dirt the 22s would seem to be a no-brainer (other than cost, haha), they do look great!!

·
Registered
801 Posts
Ipace was definitely designed around the 22s

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow! Thanks for all the responses. You guys are great!

A special thanks to DTGSRQ. As it happens, the 5069's are the wheels on the only car my dealer could find in the color combination I want and with all the other options I want!

Looking online and at first glance, I was not sure about the 5069s and was leaning towards the 5056 22"s but, after reading your response and seeing how much you love the 5069s, I will call my dealer today and go for the 5069s.

Thanks again to everyone.

Roger

·
Registered
527 Posts
I just felt the 22" wheel size was accentuated even more with the 5069s than the 5056s, but its a personal taste thing.

FYI, completed my post-H264 range test. Interestingly, range tracked pretty well for the first 100 miles at 250+. My second hundred miles was mostly in heavy rain (heavy use of windshield wipers) with kids using some of the heated seats, and range dropped to a (pretty consistently reported) 240-mi figure. With 205 miles driven, my GoM said 35 to go. I took a 22 mi round trip this morning and eeked back into my garage with 2 mi left on the GoM (Yes, that last 22mi consumed 33mi of range - drove no different than before, and no rain/wipers or seat heating. (I didn't care to literally run to 0 on the GoM, although was tempted to see if there is any 'emergency backup' range beyond 0). I got 2 notices: with 10% left I got a 'low battery' warning, and with 5 mi left I got a "Low Power Mode" warning that turned off radio, center console, etc. and limited my acceleration. (I was gingerly driving at that point anyway, suddenly nervous as I had 7 miles to reach home!)

Result, I drove 227 miles with 2 left on the GoM for total of 229, maybe 230. Now that's what I had expected from the car BEFORE H264. Again, all of this in ECO mode, city driving. I'm guessing the heavy use of wipers in rain, along with a little seat heating (temps in the high 50s - that's "winter" here in FL), stole ~10 mi, so should have been more like 235-240. Maybe the H264 refinements have more impact on highway range? I'm looking for my next opportunity to do 200+ miles on the highway! If I can count on 200+ miles at 75-80mph I'll be content, since I was more like 190 at those highway speeds pre-H264.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Have the 22” wheel, set TPMS for light load and running 37psi. Also put on Michelin pilot a/s 3+ all-season tires to deal with rain and slush. (Upsized to 265/40R22.)

Ride is great. Road noise is a bit louder than the stock summer tires.

Hope this is useful!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts