Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is the time to get a set of new tires for my 2019 FE with about 37000 miles. Not much choices at 255/40R22. Dealer quoted OE Pirelli Pzero tire at $429 per tire ($500 installed). Amazon show two Pirelli Pzero tires at $271 and $464 each respectively but seems to be the same tire. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2020 I-PACE SE w/ 22" F-PACE Wheels
244 Posts
You'll have 10x the options at 265/40/22, and the added benefit of slightly more traction.
I personally run 265/45/22 for a bit more sidewall and they fit fine.

I definitely wouldn't buy from a dealer; they markup huge. I run Pilot Sport 4s tires and they're widely considered to be the best overall performance tire on the market. My next tires will likely be the Michelin Pilot Sport EV, but their availability is still quite poor.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Brendon is right. Also note that the Pirelli PZ4s have the acoustic foam and it does make quite a positive difference. I briefly tried Continentals DWS 06 plus in the 265 width and they were just to noisy on anything but really smooth pavement so went back to PZ4s

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have bought my Pirelli PZ4s from Tire Rack at about the same price as your dealer quote. But I now see Tire Rack is asking $453.70 a tire. But your $70 a tire for installation is high. I have been changing mine out 2 at a time, instead of rotating them. The local tire shop charges $24 a tire dismounting-mounting and balancing, that includes a state disposal fee and taxes. You are doing very well if you got 37,000 miles out of a set.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I’ve hear if the pirelli PZeroes having issues with sidewall bulges on the Lucid and Taycan forums. Seems to be 21+ that have the problem. I know a lot is dependent upon suspension as well. Doesn’t seem like a lot of people post issues with flat tires with the I pace

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you all for helpful information. I do not know we can use other sizes. It is too late now, as one of my tires has separated and I cannot wait. I have to have my car flat-bedded to the dealer and the dealer happened to have one and only one Pirelli Pzero tire in hand. The dealer replaced the bad one so I can drive while waiting for other 3 to arrive.

My air suspension was fixed a few days ago. I noticed bumpy ride after that and brought the car back to dealer to check. All the time, the dealer did not say anything and said no problem to drive. Luckily, I noticed the damage last night while trying to lower the tire pressure from 50 (dealer did that) to 37. The separation must just happened as the pressure for that tire was about 30 at the time and then 10 this morning. Someone said the tire won't just die like that unless it hit something or running on flat. Of course, the dealer do not want to hear that they may have something to do with it but the Jaguar customer service was nice enough to email me a $300 gift certificate as well as offering Uber ride if needed.

Last question. Are those two Pirelli Pzero tires in the following Amazon link the same tire? They have the same Manufacturer Part Number but big price difference.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They are the same tire. The less expensive one is most likely due to the fact the tires they are selling have been sitting around and the date stamp will likely be older so the seller needs to move these tires.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Most tire manufacturer say 18 months or less
Thanks. The dealer had one tire and replaced the damaged one. However, upon reading your replay on date stamp, I found that tire is dated 4318, that is almost 4 year old tire. Should I be concerned? They charged me $550 without alignment for that one tire. I did order 4 tires from Amazon and will check the date stamp wen they arrive.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They shouldn’t have charged you that much for that old of a tire but I don’t think I would be concerned as long as the rubber is still pliable and they don’t have any cracks in the sidewall which would indicate they weren’t stored properly. Tire manufacturers say that it’s pretty much an old tire at 6 yrs old regardless of mileage that needs to be replaced so you’re only going to get two years out of it if you choose to keep running it. I just bought some at discount that were three years old and the smelled and looked new and feel fine on the road. I’ll only get three years of use out of them before the tread is gone anyway. Part of the problem is that such an odd size tire they sit around in warehouses until an I Pace owner needs to buy one!

·
Registered
4 Posts
It is the time to get a set of new tires for my 2019 FE with about 37000 miles. Not much choices at 255/40R22. Dealer quoted OE Pirelli Pzero tire at $429 per tire ($500 installed). Amazon show two Pirelli Pzero tires at $271 and $464 each respectively but seems to be the same tire. Any recommendations?

I longe since changed all 4 to 275/55/22’s lowenheart $134 per tir. The Perrelli prices are ridiculous.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts