Jaguar I-Pace EV400 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 63 Posts

Premium Member
19 I-pace HSE Polaris/Fuji white with most options and a lot of accessories
Did they tell you the fault codes?

This reads like it was a high voltage component failure. BECM, BEM, the traction battery, etc. (all components using the HV power supply and not the 12V supply), require the powering down of the car to inspect and repair/replace as needed.

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Asked this morning and the advisor couldn't tell me anything, says the techs are busy since there's only 2 of them and about 20 or more cars waiting for repairs(including Land Rover)

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
UPDATE 10/6
The only remaining tech at the dealer is going on paternity leave. JLR of Anaheim is now trying to find another dealer within the state who has a certified tech to work on the vehicle. Car was purchased on 6/8, this marks 4 months of car payments, 1 month out of service and still no loaner.

Administrator
I was able to lemon mine (in 2020) in CA by just contacting JRL NA corporate and going through the process, without an attorney. It took persistence and a while to get it all done. Is your dealer sympathetic? They need to provide JLR with all the documentation ...

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I contacted corporate, I'll see what they say. The dealer is pretty much saying there's nothing they can do and to take up the case with corporate. Looks like there's only 1 new i-pace left in the country if they want to make a trade

Registered
You can contact JLR and see what they say without lemoning. As for lemon law, my mom managed it for her 135i with some internet reading and some letter writing. You clearly have an easy win, so JLR will want to satisfy you without it.

Reactions: Seth

Registered
UPDATE 10/6
The only remaining tech at the dealer is going on paternity leave. JLR of Anaheim is now trying to find another dealer within the state who has a certified tech to work on the vehicle. Car was purchased on 6/8, this marks 4 months of car payments, 1 month out of service and still no loaner.
Try Cerritos Jaguar. They also assisted me with the documentation when I lemoned my I-PACE.

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Thanks to everyone for the info and help

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Try Cerritos Jaguar. They also assisted me with the documentation when I lemoned my I-PACE.
Car was brought to Cerritos and they sent all the documentation in. What was the process like for you and how long until the case was completed?

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
That's a bit of a wait...however that's better than no buyback
I like the size of the iPace, but there aren't really any competitors in the same size/class

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
UPDATE 11/7
Told by the service advisor that the issue is a faulty wiring harness. A TA is open and pending approval from the factory before parts and repair can begin. Expecting to hear back from Jaguar about buyback/compensation this week.

Registered
2022 Jaguar I-Pace HSE
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
UPDATE 11/9
Consumer affairs rep from Jaguar reached out yesterday to get registration info and a list of any modifications/accidents/aftermarket parts.
So far: Window tints, black vinyl wrap on handles, hood scoop, spoiler, white vinyl wrap on outline of diffuser, red painted calipers, floor mats, led sequential side mirror turn signals and 22 inch wheels were traded for 20 inch wheels with another forum member(all OEM) with 255/50r20 tires.

If they buy back, I do get the mark up back as well. I'd order a 2023 in Aruba with every single option and 20 inch wheels.

21 - 40 of 63 Posts